It Feels Like the First Time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Fire Starter
Original poster
Probably because it is!  My first attempt at making fatties, I also threw about 7 pounds of hamburger on the grill.  Had a little party at the household and thought these fatties were so good looking I'd try them out on guests.  I know I know, it's risky to invite guests over and attempt something new, but how can you go wrong when bacon is involved?

Two fatties - both with cheddar and colby jack cheese, mushrooms, peppers, onions.  Hamburger and The Bacon Weave, most of the guests just LOVED the fact it was weaved in bacon. 

393d082d_1.jpg

9e7aa4da_2.jpg

355f0abf_3.jpg
ed18fd3b_4.jpg
68acf39a_5.jpg
0bd15087_7.jpg
bee7e634_8.jpg
e48c48f0_9.jpg
cb46fbca_10.jpg
3bea76b2_11.jpg
2de072a2_12.jpg

I smoked the Fatties with Hickory Chunks and Apple Chips and these things were gone in seconds.  So good!  Now what can I do for my second attempt at making these? I need ideas for different stuffings...maybe even a christmas version...  And how well would a fatty freeze after being smoked?  I'm thinking freeze, reheat in the oven then slice?

Looking good.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I have made and frozen plenty of fatties.  Most of the time I smoke em, let em cool, slice em and put wax paper between the slices then wrap em and thrown them in the freezer.  The waz paper really helps when trying to get out a couple of slices for breakfast, lunch dinner, midnight snack, whatever.

As far as filling, the sky is the limit.

Pancakes, Omelettes, hashbrowns, chili cheese dog, Chicken parm, Chicken cordon bleu, peppers & onions, pizza.  I could go on an on but the best part is playing with the flavors you like.  Check out some of the fatty throwdowns for ideas.

Reactions: 55499
Great job on your first fatties! They are addicting aren't they? My favorite fattie is steak and cheese. No wait, it's the cinnamon roll fattie. Or the fajita's fattie. Hmmm.... I'll need to make some just to be sure!
icon_mrgreen.gif
 Good luck on your next fattie adventure!

Reactions: 55499
Looking good. Thanks for the post and pictures!!

How about a blueberry pancake, hash brown, scrambeled egg  onions and cheese fattie?

And i have never seen anything wrapped in bacon that i didn't like.

icon_cool.gif

Well it looks likje you are off to one heck of a start in your smoking career now. Just think that all those folks will be hanging around waiting on the next great meal that you'll be puttin on soon. This time the fattie next time and ribs and then the brisket and the list goes on and on.

Looks like it all worked out well even with the little mishap with the burger on the front of the grill LOL - can not tell you how many times that has happened

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky