Issue with propane tank after using with smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Xahmnx

Original poster
Jul 5, 2020
I got a smoker for Christmas and recently got around to using it. Instead of purchasing a second propane tank I just removed and used the tank from my Weber grill. When I went back to use the grill it leaked propane right by the regulator. Thinking I accidentally broke it when removing the tank I got a new one under warranty. New one did the same thing. Connected the tank to the smoker and no problem, went back to the grill and it instantly leaks. Tried a brand new tank and it connects perfectly to the grill. Obviously I’m going to leave the new one connected to the grill, and use the other when I smoke. But anyone have any idea why this would have occurred? Sorry for the long post, thanks.

What type of connections do you have on each? (Smoker and grill) some connections still use an o ring, make sure it's not damaged or missing.

Ryan

What type of connections do you have on each? (Smoker and grill) some connections still use an o ring, make sure it's not damaged or missing.

Ryan
To be exact here are the two hoses. Just odd to me the tank heavily leaks on the grill. But connects flawless to the smoker.
Can’t find the exact hose online, but here’s the smoker And parts manual...

and then the hose for the grill is this...

thanks for any additional help.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky