Is your pellet grill PID controlled?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dubob

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 1, 2019
Mormon Mecca
I have a Bradley 4-rack smoker that has an Auber Instruments PID Controller attached. Absolutely love it for temp control and programming different temps/times for excellent smoked meats. I recently added a Camp Chef Woodwind SG w/ Sear Box to my outdoor cooking equipment and wondered if there is a PID Controller available for my Woodwind.

I called Auber Instruments and asked them if they had a PID controller for the Woodwind. Yes and no. They make a unit (SYL-2372/SYL-2372P) that would work, but it requires an electronics background to install. It is NOT a plug & play unit like my Bradley unit is.

They also furnish on of their units to Savannah Stoker, a company that makes a controller replacement for pellet grills ($189.00). Auber Instruments does not sell that on their website. The Stoker is supposed to be a plug & play unit and is listed for Camp Chef but an adapter plate ($15.00) is required.

So, are there any smokingmeatsforum.com members who have used a Savannah Stoker replacement controller on their pellet grill? Grill brand name not important, but if you did it on a CC, that would be even better.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky