Is this safe?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

funk

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
I have a chargriller that I have not used in a while because I have been using my UDS and WSM.  The problem has been the ash pan in the firebox has large gaps and does not close flush.  It seems to get bigger each year.  I used to put foil in the gaps that still did not work.  I bought some high tempature putty (I do not recall the name on it) from Lowes and placed it over the gaps.  It cured nicely and now there is no gaps.   Since it is on the outside of the metal, will it be safe to cook on?  I am not a welder, nor do I know one.  As for removing the ash from the firebox, I use my shopvac to clean it out.  Thanks.

Depends on what you used I think furnace type stuff would be fine

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky