Is there hope for new generation??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
I'd have to say yes.
We've got our 4 year old grandson, Orion, for the weekend. Last night at supper time, he said he wanted some of my go-to hot sauce on his meat--I said sure. He ended up with a goodly amount of it--you can see his left hand "helping" me put it on. When he got to the meat with lots of sauce his eyes got big, but he kept chewing. He chowed down all the meat and asked for more--with hot sauce. Chowed that down and asked for a third helping--with more hot sauce. We've never seen him eat that much meat before. Must have been the hot sauce??
So tonight I asked him if he wanted hot sauce on his meat. With a look of utter astonishment on his face at such a dumb question, he said "Well yeah."
Maybe there's hope that the human race might just continue to survive.

Eyeballing that bottle of hot sauce, making sure it doesn't get away:
Orion hot sauce 1A.jpg

"Helping" Grandpa pour--making sure I didn't cheap out. Fork ready to help if I tried:
Orion hot sauce 2A.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Gary

That is awesome. Just hope his rear end doesn’t hurt for mom and dad. I have a two year old, I wish he’d eat some real food like that!

Love it Gary !
Simple things are so important to them . Some day he will be in your shoes , and know exactly what to do .

I didn't even know about hot sauce at that age lived in a small, small farming community in NW Pa.

How small you ask. Wife was training for a marathon when we went to visit family and she had to put in a 12 mile run. When she got to the other side of town, she still had 10.5 miles to go so she called me to ask what her options were on the country roads.

Good PaPa!
My kids went to New Orleans for youth church gathering back when they were still in public school.
Both were worried about eating local food as they heard Louisiana food was spicy. On return from trip, they both thanked me for raising them on spicy flavorful food.
They ate food that made their friends gag.

Haha, that is so awesome! Man, I’m jealous though. I can’t wait to drop my kids off with Grandpa and Grandma for the weekend!
I agree, there absolutely is hope!

NIce Gary, My grandson turns two in May, and he's being raised as a pescatarian. Hot sauce isn't a normal accompaniment to their diet. Oh well, maybe my son will return soon from the dark side.

Chris

That's Great, Gary!!
You gotta get Matching Bibs for these Pics!!
Love this post!
Like.

Bear

Great post Gary! Next up smoke the little guy a rack of spares and put a bottle of SBR on the table, might like it more than ice cream! RAY

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky