Is my Brisket safe?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Aidenag

Original poster
May 29, 2022
Hey, doing a brisket(20lb pre trim) right now, and i was not home when it needed to be started so wife did it. Normally all goes well, she knows her stuff. But somehow it got screwy. Long story short, i come home 3 hours and 45min from when it went on the smoker, and smoker temp is at 150F(got a feeling it never was above 200F). And the dead center internal temp of the brisket is 120F, and the external 2-3mm temp of the brisket is sitting at 135-140F. I immediately cranked the heat over 200F, and by hour 5 internal temp was at or near 140F, and external temps were 140-160F. its now Hour 6.5, and internal temps are nearing 140-150, and externals are 150-160F

Is this still safe? i feel like i caught in in time, but would love some input.

Agreed as long as you did not inject the meat you should be fine to continue

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Agreed as long as you did not inject the meat you should be fine to continue
Yep, no injections, very streamlined cuts, no gashes or anything. Thx for the feedback fellas. I figured i was still in the clear, but knew it was close enough that getting some more feedback was warranted.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky