Is It Just Me?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
River... I believe you simply pointed out the obvious. Prices change in the market often. I believe people are just expressing what they are going through. I am doing a decent smoke for family and friends on Saturday. Pork shoulder and brisket. Give corona (purposely spelled that way) a giant middle finger and let's get back to,enjoying life... Even if it's a bit more expensive now.
Damn right! F U C19!!! I’m super happy to hear that you are trying to just be as normal as you can be. Just an example for price fluctuations is that a local market that had tri tip for $10lb last week has it in the sale flyer this week for $4.99lb. So yeah things change all of the time. I’m not going vegan anytime soon.
G

Reactions: chef jimmyj
This pricing situation will pass. In the meantime, until Beef Rib Steaks come down, its 1" Chuck Steaks, rubbed with SPOG and Adolf's Meat Tenderizer, on the Kettle! Takes a bit more Jaw Work but have great flavor...JJ

Reactions: SmokyMose
The prices will decline within a few months. Meat producers will produce more, The whole supply chain got f'ed up during Covid last year and it takes time for supply to meet the new demand which is comparable to 2019 demand. Look at fuel prices. Last year at this time crude oil was near zero so the supply dropped. Now demand is back to normal but supply takes time. Same thing with meat producers. A year ago the meat packing plants were being hit hard by Covid and farmers got stuck. Takes time for the farmers to ramp up their herds. Regardless of who was running the government this would be an issue unless Covid was still killing thousands a day and the economy was limping along. If given the choice of a crippled economy and widespread death and illness due to Covid or a temporary increase in prices I am fine paying a little more for awhile.

Reactions: RiversideSm0ker
Biggest issue in the supply chain of everything right now... Not enoughpeople to drive the trucks. Some companies are offering 10grand plus hiring bonuses to experienced drivers. Too many company drivers are making more on unemployment right now then they were two years ago bustin their butts. Side note: I'm pretty sure I just turned into my father after that rant.

Last edited:
Reactions: smokerjim
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky