Internal Temp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bob0815

Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Easton
I know this is a stupid question but, I was always under the impression you should never peirce a peice of meat while cooking. What is the best way and when, do you check the internal temp of the meat you are smoking.

That is usually correct but more for when your cooking hot and fast, low and slow doesn't get the juices flowing as bad so some minor poking is fine.
If you have a probe thermo, you can put it in the meat when you throw it on the pit and leave it in the whole time, thus no hole's
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome to SMF and look for a nice digital thermo.. I'm amazed at how well they work and the wireless ones make life easy. Sit in the house and see the temp of smoker and meat is a great thing.

You can always get you a Mavrick ET-73; it has two probes-one to monitor the food temps and the other to monitor the chamber temps. The other plus is that it has a wireless remote.

The only way I could get mine was to order it on the 'net. Look around, even though the Mavrick comes from the same place, the price will be different from site to site. Also take the time to notice the shipping- a site may offer a low price that looks great but then they stick ya with a higher shipping fee.

icon_razz.gif
Welcome I found me Maverick ET at a BBQ GALORE store if you have one around you. It is very nice and I even use it if I am not smoking foods which I am begining to think should be a sin if you do not smoke it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky