insulated blanket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jersey Jimbo

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 26, 2020
At the Shore
When do most people take off the blanket on their smoker. what temp outside is about average for everyone. I know it works great in the cold weather.

For me and my smoker I use blankets to save fuel when its colder out. I cooked last weekend, it was 55 degrees. I didn't use the blanket and noticed that I had to have a larger fire and should have used them. I pay about $100 a face cord so every little bit helps. I don't think there are any averages when to put the blankets up.

MN guy here. Take mine off my pellet pooper about 40 degrees. I've noticed major temp swings if I leave it on above that. Again my area and a pellet grill.

I and my buddy across the street use a welding blanket during the warm up and pull it for the cook.
I leave my on in colder temps as I mostly low and slow . Buddy doesn't smoke so he pulls it.
Not sure what the book says, but 40° sounds about the range.

Ok, Sorry but Grill Blanket?
As in a blanket for the grill when cooking? Like a insulation wrap for a water heater / water pipe?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky