Inlaws came to town........

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Mornin smokers. Inlaws came up from Mississippi Wednesday to visit for a couple of days. They love my cooking so needless to say I spent 2 days feeding them the best I could.

My father in law loves smoked bologna so I started the day off smoking 10lbs for him to carry home.
20200603_160054.jpg

20200603_160057.jpg

Once these were done I got some meatloaf and abt's ready for the smoker.
My recipe is in the link.....
20200603_174551.jpg
20200603_191930.jpg
20200603_194458.jpg

Was the first time they've had smoked meatloaf so their lives were changed for the better.

I also did some more cajun boiled peanuts. It's my mother in laws favorite snack
20200605_182008.jpg
Made Tennessee cheesesteaks for them on Thursday using the Blackstone. No pics of that cook as using the griddle for 8 people is fast and furious. Fun time with them but glad they are gone lol

Nothing like peace in the family and what's the old saying no better way to win people over then thru their stomach. Nice job Jake.

Warren

Looks like you showed them a darned nice time Jake and they ate real well, nice work, Like! RAY

Nice job Jake, fine looking food you made! And thanks for reminding me...your meatloaf is on the to do list, been there since the last time you made it.

Ryan

My gosh Jake ,, that all looks fantastic , but that plate of meatloaf is a work of art .
Very nice cook .

Mornin smokers. Inlaws came up from Mississippi Wednesday to visit for a couple of days. They love my cooking so needless to say I spent 2 days feeding them the best I could.

My father in law loves smoked bologna so I started the day off smoking 10lbs for him to carry home.
View attachment 448397
View attachment 448398
Once these were done I got some meatloaf and abt's ready for the smoker.
My recipe is in the link.....
View attachment 448399View attachment 448400View attachment 448401
Was the first time they've had smoked meatloaf so their lives were changed for the better.

I also did some more cajun boiled peanuts. It's my mother in laws favorite snack
View attachment 448402Made Tennessee cheesesteaks for them on Thursday using the Blackstone. No pics of that cook as using the griddle for 8 people is fast and furious. Fun time with them but glad they are gone lol
That food looks amazing! I've never heard of Cajun boiled peanuts but that sounds really good, how do you prepare those if you don't mind me asking?

Everything looks Awesome, Jake!!
Your FIL is gonna be one Happy Dude with that Smoked Bologna!!
I know I sure would be!!
Like.

Bear

Everything looks great Jake! I gotta try that Bologna! Can't get the large whole slabs of it here in Ga.
Suggestions? Thanks for sharing.

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky