Inkbird temp probe issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JJS

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 17, 2019
Hersey, MI
6B432378-3D35-46FC-BB93-FA4D0F4EEA48.png
Anyone have any issues with the inkbird temp probes, I have all 4 in a cup of ice water and 2 of them are way the hell out of whack. They have only been used 2-3 times.
My instaread and another cheap temp probe both read 45 just like 2 of these are

Are they plugged in all the way I understand they are difficult to press in all the way

Yupper, I learned that lesson the first day, thought I was gonna break it lol

Have you tried mixing up the probes into different ports?

Yes, still reads the same...
I have been careful how they get washed, run into the smoker etc. idk what happened to them they worked fine last weekend ( one was 6-7 drug higher than the others, no big deal)

Will do thanks, was just wondering if this was an isolated deal or if anyone else had been having issues with them as well.

I love this thing when it works correctly

Contact Inkbird and explain the issue, they may replace the probes. They do have a 1 year warranty.

Did you immerse the probes in water? I understand that they are not designed for this. I wash mine by hand and make sure water does not seep into the probe past the crimps.

Did you immerse the probes in water? I understand that they are not designed for this. I wash mine by hand and make sure water does not seep into the probe past the crimps.

They have not been immersed in water. I actually wash them myself (I usually cook she usually cleans up behind me lol) to make sure of it

I sent them an email, we shall see what they say.

Thanks for the help

Try the probes one at a time see what they read . The one that reads 110 and 73 are in ice water ?

8B242FED-9B92-456A-A06D-2E12E53858D9.png
4095E2F8-7017-4E72-BE8E-FB010F712DD2.png
water boil test is significantly closer than the ice test, pulled out of the boiling water and put in ice water and have the same results....

My confidence level is dropping!

Try the probes one at a time see what they read . The one that reads 110 and 73 are in ice water ?

Yes that are literally twist tied together in a cup of water with ice in it, I didn’t let the water set long enough to get to 33 ish because I was instantly pissed with the readings

Bad probes. Which is why I test my probes at 3 different temps. Ice, 100, 212

That’s what I was leaning towards, the only temp probes I found are $15 ea and the whole thing was only $54.... we will see what they say when they email me back

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky