inkbird smart wireless bbq thermometer review

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 14, 2014
Northeast pa
Inkbird was nice enough to ask me if would I would try their smart wireless bbq thermometer ibt-4xs. Absolutely
20191211_082428_resized (1).jpg

received it quickly and unpacked
20191211_083956_resized (2).jpg

first had to connect it to the tablet(Bluetooth) with the inkbird bbq go app. very easy to do
20191211_090357_resized_1 (2).jpg

first check in some ice water compared to my trusted handheld thermometer
20191211_092219_resized (1).jpg

looks accurate to me, this does not read the tenths. close enough for me!!
20191211_092234_resized (1).jpg

next to boiling water, actually forgot to get pic with the handheld thermometer but that read 208.2. it must have something to do with my altitude and assuming the barometric pressure . anyway they both read the same
20191211_090910(1)_resized_1 (1).jpg

20191211_090801_resized_1 (1).jpg

next checked the distance for bluetooth so put it out in my garage by the smokers, unfortunately it was below 32 degrees in the garage that day so they all read the lowest it will go. but the garage is about 110 feet from the house and had no problems
20191211_093329_resized (2).jpg

the girls were pretty impressed.
20191211_155037_resized (1).jpg

so all in all i would say the smart wireless bbq thermometer right out of the box is accurate. i see no problem with the bluetooth range which is up to 150 feet. been to busy last two weeks to smoke anything between work and PA deer season but when i get a day will definitely use this and post my smoke. thanks for looking. Jim

next to boiling water, actually forgot to get pic with the handheld thermometer but that read 208.2. it must have something to do with my altitude and assuming the barometric pressure . anyway they both read the same
Pure distilled water boils @212 at sea level. Any other elemental minerals or compounds in the water along with the altitude and pressure variants you mentioned will alter it's boiling point.

Congrats on your inkbird. I have a different model, (ibt-6x?) that has worked well for me. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do.

Last edited:
Reactions: smokerjim
Great write up! My 4 probe has numerous cooks under its belt. So far it has performed great with no issues. I still haven't used the 6 probe one I bought awhile back yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: smokerjim
thanks Richie, yeah i'm around 1400ft. I do use well water and as s-met said different minerals in the water can affect it.I know I checked the temp in the past with the same handheld thermometer and it was 210 boiling point, so i'm thinking barometric pressure affects it some?

Reactions: S-met
Very good review. I currently have a ChefAlarm that is only capable of 1 probe. It is extremely accurate however, I really need another quality rig that is capable of using several probe. I will look into the Inkbird for sure as well as ChefAlarm. Thanks for your review.

Reactions: S-met and smokerjim
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky