Inkbird New App

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I got this email from Inkbird. The old app is going away. I should of done this yesterday before putting Brisket on smoker. I have an eero router that has same name for 5.0 and 2.4. I knew I was not going to like this. The phone for the Inkbird has to connected to 2.4. If anyone runs into this you have to go into your router app and suspend the 5.0 to get this to work.

Dear INKBIRD PRO app users,
In order to offer you better app experience, INKBIRD has launched a brand new app called “INKBIRD APP” and integrated all INKBIRD products into it.
INKBIRD will stop downloading INKBIRD PRO app from all Android and IOS app stores on May 1st, 2023 (Beijing Time), please do make sure that you have downloaded and registered our new app “INKBIRD” by the date we stop downloading INKBIRD PRO app.
INKBIRD PRO app will still work for those users who have downloaded and used it and all of its functions WILL NOT be affected by this event. But we do recommend those users who have downloaded and used INKBIRD PRO app to download and register our INKBIRD app for better service and use experience.
If you decide to switch from INKBIRD PRO app to INKBIRD app, please download INKBIRD app directly from the link: https://inkbird.com/pages/app

And PLEASE KINDLY NOTICE THAT WE CANNOT MIGRATE OR SYNCHRONIZE DATA AMONG THESE TWO APPS BECAUSE OF TECHNICAL ISSUES, SO WHEN YOU SWITCH TO INKBIRD APP, THE DATA OF YOUR FORMER APP WILL BE LOST. WE FEEL DEEPLY SORRY FOR YOUR DATA LOOSE IF HAPPENS.

INKBIRD is always keeping making every efforts to offer our users bettter and better products and services, while we may bring you some inconvenience in the course of making such kind of efforts, we DO feel sorry for any inconvenience you may encounter with, please offer your understanding and forgiveness and we will make all better and better.
If you need any support from us in the course of switching from INKBIRD PRO app to INKBIRD app, please send your e-mails to [email protected] and our team will offer help to you ASAP.

THANK YOU FOR ALL.
Good luck to us all.

I went through that already with one of their newer thermometers. Why they won't get up to 5G is beyond me.
I'm using an older phone that I set for 2.4G. Works fine for this. If I set my current phone to 2.4G. It won't connect to my cameras. PITA!

I went through that already with one of their newer thermometers. Why they won't get up to 5G is beyond me.
I'm using an older phone that I set for 2.4G. Works fine for this. If I set my current phone to 2.4G. It won't connect to my cameras. PITA!
I here you. This is only for the set up. Once Inkbird on the network you can go back to 5.0 on phone.

Reactions: Steve H
This non computer genius will get my trusty hammer out to get this done... don't mind the cussing!

Ryan

This is where having 2 separate networks shines. My Camp Chef and Inkbird cooker are both 2.4G. My phone automatically connects to the 2.4G in my barn and connects to the 5G network in the house.

You'd also think that updating from the old app to the new would retain all your custom settings, but no. I had to redo all that when I did the update. Basically like starting over.

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky