Inkbird and Masterbuilt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Have an extra Inkbird temp controller .

Going to try it with an MES 30 next weekend.

Anyone here have experience with Inkbird with a MES?

Thanks

I have several inkbird units and use them all the time on just about every smoker imaginable. Cant really beat the price and I haven't really had too many issues except for the occasional probe failure.

Reactions: bill ace 350
A lot of times the watts/amps are fine but the sensor maxes at like 220. What are the specs on your Inkbird and model? I Have always kept my eye on this one for those not wanting a PID.

Last edited:
I have the Inkbird Temperature Controller ITC-306T WiFi
The 306, 308 max temps are 210-248. Yours is 210. So the one above I mentioned will work for any Mes.

20211025_160759.jpg

Last edited:
I have several inkbird units and use them all the time on just about every smoker imaginable. Cant really beat the price and I haven't really had too many issues except for the occasional probe failure.
Looking mainly for summer sausage temps. the Inkbird should work, i think.

I was intending to use it mainly for summer sausage. If i understand, my max temp that i want in the smoker is 165-170+-, so it should meet that requirement. Correct? thanks.
Yup! If you're looking to replace the stock Mes controller with a plug and play on/off controller that gets below 100 for convection for cold smoking vs stock Mes 100 min and you want 275 for brisket, ribs, butts and chxn. The controller WillHI WH-1803B covers everything. It sells out a lot. Inkbird may have one controller that may work with a temp probe to 275+ but they don't research smokers that qualify for their controller. They just put it out here as a sponsor and then buyers return it. I don't like that so people like me have to catch and patch before it's purchased. Not very impressed with clarity from Inkbird as a sponsor.

Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky