Inject steaks?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

plugs

Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Michigan
I was just thinking about the sirloin steak I was going to get ready for the grill tomorrow night.  This is from a local grown cow we split with the family, so we were able to get all the beef cut the way we wanted (nice and thick) & it is the best way to buy beef as far as I am concerned.  Anyway, after injecting a pork loin a couple weeks back & having it come out fantastic, I was wondering if anyone ever did this with steak?  I have really never done any research on this, but was just curious if it is something that would work for something fun to try.

Thanks for any info!

I  keep my steaks nice  and simple with some salt, pepper, onion & garlic powder, accent and canadian steak seasoning. No sauce is ever  needed and they are nice  and pink/red in the middle.  But hey we all could be missing out  so give it a shot.

A decent steak shouldn't need much messing with, but what the heck?  If you try it and like it, then it is good to go.

Good luck and good smoking.

Well, I decided against it for this go around.  I do agree with some of you that steak does not typically need much messing with, which is why I left it alone.  I may give it a shot on another day with a smaller steak and see how it goes.  I'll let ya know when that day comes.

Thanks

IMHO I think a steak would be to thin, even the 1 1/4 Porterhouse I get. To me there doesnt seem to be enough meat fiber to retain the injection juices, the thinner you go the quicker the sauce would run out.. But ya never know till ya try it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky