In trouble

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokin stro

Original poster
Aug 19, 2019
Hello , I was smoking pork an brisket, had an emergency and had to pull them at 180, I wrapped in foil and put in fridge
My problem is I want to finish these out to the 205 tender mark. Can these go back on smoker and slow cook out?

Could it be done in the smoker at 250 or would it possibly dry out compared to the oven

I'd just leave them wrapped and finish in the oven at around 300°. 200 to 205 is when you should start probing for tenderness, but there is no exact temp to call it done.

Could it be done in the smoker at 250 or would it possibly dry out compared to the oven
Sure, it could be. but you still should keep it foiled to keep it from drying out. You're going from fridge temp to cooking temp, and that's going to take some time. I don't think there is anything to gain by putting it back on the smoker. Do it in the oven til probe tender, and it will be fine.

Sure, it could be. but you still should keep it foiled to keep it from drying out. You're going from fridge temp to cooking temp, and that's going to take some time. I don't think there is anything to gain by putting it back on the smoker. Do it in the oven til probe tender, and it will be fine.
Yup it's already smoked and he will be starting from cold. Don't waste smoker fuel and just used the oven

Thanks for the advice

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky