In Search Of WSM Smoker Jacket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mng024

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 9, 2017
Wisconsin
Just curious if anyone has one laying around they no longer use and would be willing to sell?

You mean the original equipment cover? Or something to insulate the smoker in cold weather?

The OEM cover is NOT waterproof without spraying it, and the spray breaks down fairly quickly. I quit using mine and switched to a cheap tarp and a couple of long bungies for storms.

You can insulate it with a cheap welder's blanket and a 3-4 spring clamps.

You mean the original equipment cover? Or something to insulate the smoker in cold weather?

The OEM cover is NOT waterproof without spraying it, and the spray breaks down fairly quickly. I quit using mine and switched to a cheap tarp and a couple of long bungies for storms.

You can insulate it with a cheap welder's blanket and a 3-4 spring clamps.

Bbq guru makes an insulated blanket for cold weather, just seeing if one is out there before going another route (like the welders blanket or hot water heater blanket).

I live in Vt. and I haven't seen a need for one either. I've smoked in the single digits before. Normally it's me that gives up instead of the WSM.

Chris

I live in Vt. and I haven't seen a need for one either. I've smoked in the single digits before. Normally it's me that gives up instead of the WSM.

Chris
LOL that's funny!
I know my smoker was built to live and work outside in the cold but i wasn't either!!!
WSM is a good smoker isn't it, Chris!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

For the money and reliability it sure is Aaron.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky