In progress cooking: first turkey breast: temperature issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scvinegarpepper

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
Lowcountry, SC
It's been on for about an hour thus far. The temp in the smoker is holding at about 265. Is that too hot? I'd like it around 240 or 250, but I really have no way of cooling it down without taking the lid off for a minute. I've got a cheapo Char-Grill/Broil H2O smoker and it has ZERO vents on it. Only sort of vent is the door on the side. I've also got some chicken wings on there too. Should they take around 2 hours at 265? Thanks.

No real way of giving you a time frame . You should cook the poultry to 160 degrees internal.

Measure at the thickest part of the wing and at multiple spots on the turkey breast.

No that's not to hot for poultry I generally smoke poultry at 325-350 so 265 is no problem

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky