I'm soooo Mad at Myself

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tonto1117

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 25, 2007
ADA, MI
Running around trying to get some baking done. I was making Pumpkin Cranberry bread........go to grease and flour the pans, grab the can of Pam.........anyway long story short, when I'm done and put the pans in the oven, I notice I grabbed the Garlic flavoured pam instead of the regular..........
eek.gif
eek.gif
......too late there in the oven
PDT_Armataz_01_17.gif
Shoud be interesting!!!! LOL.......
icon_lol.gif

Here is the recipe if anyone wants to try it.........

INGREDIENTS
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 5 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 3 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'SÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] 100% Pure Pumpkin
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries

DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
  2. Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil and orange juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
  3. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Garlic go's great with everything, right?

Just wished i liked pumpkin, i would like to try that, maybe not with the garlic mod.

Sounds good, whats wrong with garlic? lol

Exactly, mmmm garlic. Make sure and slip Mike a piece before you let him read the forum after he gets there. We need to get an honest taste test from someone who doesn't know this happened.
icon_mrgreen.gif

ultramag;133831 said:
Exactly, mmmm garlic. Make sure and slip Mike a piece before you let him read the forum after he gets there. We need to get an honest taste test from someone who doesn't know this happened.
icon_mrgreen.gif
[/quote

Ya, let Mikey try it............he'll eat anything!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

I just walked in the door from running errands and some how, this ends up being my fault!

She makes the best pumpkin cranberry bread of all time. But, the recipe was not really Tonto's. So, if she publishes it with her new garlic mod, she can take complete credit and enter it in the next competition that has a dessert category!! See, I can find the glass half full every darn time.

Well, I was offered a piece of the above and tried it, very good. Had an interesting flavor, couldn't quite place it.
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif

Then Tonto fessed up.
But there was no garlic taste.
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky