I'm having trouble getting quality smoke from Smoke Daddy Magnum P.I.G.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JohnDS

Original poster
Aug 3, 2018
I have read that a lot of people are happy with it so I'm trying to stay positive, but it seems as though whatever you put in, it just smolders and creates that thick white smoke that you dont want.

I followed the directions of starting with hardwood briquets, then adding wood chips, then a combination of wood chips and chunks. Looks like thick white bad smoke to me.

Called smoke daddy and was told to start with more hardwood briquets to make it hotter. All seems good when you throw some wood chips or chunks on top of those hot hardwood briquets, until you close the top lid and it begins choking off air and smolders. Take off lid again to find thick white smoke.

Maybe I'm still doing something wrong. Maybe i should try real charcoal? I really wanted this to work. Maybe someone can offer some advice, thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20200209_135142.jpg
    IMG_20200209_135142.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 18
There's a guy on here that must be smarter than everybody else. I forgot his name, but he might be able to help you. I had the same trouble with my "Big Kahuna"---Creosote Creator.
So I had to go the way of others who aren't in the Genius category, and got an AMNPS from "Amazing Smokers", and it's been working perfectly for 9 years, in 3 different MES Units.
Easy Peazy Perfect Smoke!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky