Im forming a pellican???????????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you were sitting in that mud for 10 days you would look the same i'll bet

BTW its not a tenderloin. Just the end part of a whole loin

I rest my case!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Scotty, I believe that your original question was something like, how long does it take to form the shiny surface on the meat in order for the smoke to penetrate evenly and properly.
icon_confused.gif
icon_razz.gif
When I take the belly bacon out of the brine, I dry with paper towels, coat profusley with black pepper and place in the cold smoke shed with a large fan blowing the air around for about 2 or 3 hrs. It seems to take quite a long time to dry enough. Hope this helps.
icon_smile.gif

I just finished it and sliced it. The pictures are in Miss Rockys camera and i dont know how to down load them

Wail till you see the results.
The taste is even better than it looks

i thought buckboard was made from a boneless butt, and candian bacon from the loin???

but anyhooters scotty, i spit my adult beverage ALL over my monitor. i KNEW what you was trying to say, just struck me funny........

Great looking bacon no matter WHAT its called

lol looks like good something. Not sure if it qualifies as bacon.
Gammon maybe ?
Do you have gammon in the states ?
It looks just like the stuff you've got there ;-)

For the record Cured salmon seems to form a decent pellican in about 2 hours in the fridge or a similiar cool place.
Fridges are natural dehydrators.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky