I'm About to Pop or Slip Into a Meat Coma!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
I'm about to Pop or slip into a Meat Coma after breakfast and lunch today!

My wife snuck some slices of Porchetta into the freezer.
That makes me a very happy man, gotta love her, she's a keeper.
So for breakfast I fried two of them with hash browns.
Wonderful crispy edges makes for such great flavor.
And I still have two slices left

IMG_20200912_093635848_BURST000_COVER.jpg IMG_20200912_101125292_BURST000_COVER.jpg
IMG_20200912_101125292_BURST000_COVER.jpg

And we're not done yet... Here comes lunch.
I had all the trimmings from the belly frozen and I pulled those out too.
Fried them up with a spicy. flavorful mix of Mexican spices, chopped most of them and mixed them into a pot of my Mexican Rice.
Meanwhile doubling down on porkbelly just wasn't enough, I had some of my favorite Jalapeno and Cheese Smoked Sausages and those went into a pan and got finished with jalapenos, onions and bell peppers.

IMG_20200830_102913822_BURST000_COVER.jpg
IMG_20200830_102913822_BURST000_COVER.jpg IMG_20200829_104211948_BURST000_COVER.jpg IMG_20200829_121510830_BURST000_COVER.jpg IMG_20200829_122425927_BURST000_COVER.jpg IMG_20200829_155013248_BURST000_COVER.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200830_102913822_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20200830_102913822_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Yummmmm! All that looks amazing! I love jalapeno cheese smoked sausage. Homemade? If not what brand?
Homemade? I wish!
I'd like to get into a lot of different types of sausages, fermented and smoked, and cry cured meats too.
But I'm just too busy and the setup costs for quality equipment. e.g. grinder, stuffer, curing chamber and etc, keep me away.
No, these are made in Hattiesburg, MS by Enslin and Son Packing Co.
As are most of the various sausages carried by South Alabama Custom Meats.
Their hickory smoked, Pork Sausage with Pineapple/Jalapeno is crazy good too.

Reactions: Sowsage
I just ate lunch. And that made me hungry all over again! Nice!
Thanks Steve.
Have mercy. Going into a food coma just reading it and drooling on the pics. But I wouldn't turn down a lunch invite.
Jim
Thanks Jim.
Where's the eggs Chile? I'm gonna need a few eggs with that, sunny-side-up! RAY
Some runny yolk would've been good, yes'sir, but I barely made it through that plate as was.

Pineapple/Jalapeno is crazy good too.
That sounds awesome! Got my wheels turning. I usually do a big batch of chorizo pork to put in the freezer for quick taco nights. Sometimes I'll do a few lbs in casings for brats. Pineapple and jalapeno added to those would be fantastic!

Wow, wow, wow . . . Would have to set the alarm after that. Looks awesome !
Hot caffeinated drinks for stimulation.... Thanks.
Curious as to what type of supper would put you into a meat coma.

Once again...HOLY CRAP!
LOL! I got close today with these two before noon... Thanks.
Eat all that you'll have to slip into some sweat pants .
Close enough, I'm in a comfy pair of UnderArmor shorts. 😋

Now that’s how ya do it. Meat with some meat on it with some meat on the side lol. Meatapalooza!! Love it

That sounds awesome! Got my wheels turning. I usually do a big batch of chorizo pork to put in the freezer for quick taco nights. Sometimes I'll do a few lbs in casings for brats. Pineapple and jalapeno added to those would be fantastic!
Travis, mind sharing your chorizo method/recipe?
I'm looking for a good homemade bulk chorizo.

And PS, it's pretty easy to get into sausage making if you start with the bulk varieties, like Chorizo, Italian, Farm etc. Look at it this way.... if you can make a meatball, you can make sausage. I have a couple of stores that have ground chicken and ground pork is easier to find all the time, but they usually do it at the end of the shift so they don't have to clean the grinder after a small batch.

Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky