I'll do it myself.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nato316ca

Original poster
Jan 26, 2014
Hey Everyone,

I live in Nova Scotia Canada and I have started a small hobby farm, simply because I always wanted to live on a farm. I got myself a decent job and started building a small farm. I started raising hogs last year, and I enjoyed it so much, I went to the auction and got two more piglets near the end of the season. The meat was awesome. I started with six last year, this year I had 13 at one point. Sold two, and had a pig roast with one, and raised the remaining 10. My abattoir doesn't have prov. inspectors to stamp my meat, so I have a hard time getting it smoked. I have been looking at making a smokehouse for quite some time now, and I am hoping I can take a little bit from everyone on here and make a smokehouse that is tailored to my own needs. I am not sure on how long it takes to prepare the meat and smoke it yet, the possibilities and opinions are endless, but I am hoping I will be able figure this out with all of your help.

Thanks,

nato

I don't know much to tell ya on that but there is a bunch of folks on this forum that I'am sure will be along to help ya out. Welcome to the forum.. WHB

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Thanks for the welcome. I hope I pick up a lot of things from everyone here, and I can't wait til the snow goes so I can get to work on a smoker, then share my progress on here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky