If You Could Build It...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scdigger

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
Anderson, SC
Hey guys,

New to the forum. Avid griller (Weber Genesis), new smoker.

Here's the deal. I teach at the local technical college, and I have the opportunity for the welding class to build me a smoker as their summer project for WLD 160...but the planning and design starts now.

So, the question is, If You Could Build It...what would be in your dream smoker...or what is something I need to MAKE SURE I have, or something you would have done different in the one you built.

Only real perameter is that I'm looking for more of an upright type smoker, vs a grill type or trailer...I'm not really planning on hauling it around. I will take any all suggestions...

Thanks for any input...

Greg

My dream smoker if I could build it would probably be a cross of a Lang and a Bubba grill. I like the look and size of the 250 from Bubba but i like the design of the Langs. I would most definitely add in the propane assist start too.

Greg, evening....  I would ask Rubbin' Butts to build me a smoker like his....  only smaller......   Dave

Im still trying to figure it out after about my ??? 16th build or so. Every design seams to have its advantages or disadvantages. Probably best to just have one for every kind of smoking you want to do.  Kind of like you cant take a bass boat Marlin fishing,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky