If this does not bring a tear to your eyes your not an American

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
Connecticut
My brother, a former Marine (is there such a thing?) sent this to me this morning, he received it from another ole biddy and former Marine, who received from another former military member, etc. etc.

Although the story is one most Americans grew up learning in Junior High History class, I was so moved by this telling of the old story I was choked up and teary eyed for over an hour and decided it needed to be made a permanent link on my website as a constant reminder of who we are.

http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/American.htm

Very Good Deb, I just wander how many people really think it ends with
"Gentleman Start Your Engines"

More people need to see this, and hopefully more could understand it. Its amazeing how many people critisize or denouce our government, and then cry for help.We should be very thankfull to live in such a great country.

Debi, I think making it a permanent link on your web site would be a great patriotic jester on your part. Thank you for bringing this around, sometimes we get so wrapped up in our daily routine that we might forget what it's all about.

That was kewl Bill Thanks!

Terry -
I fear our politicians forgot -
"An American Christian will die on his feet before he'll live on his knees."

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky