If it Ain't Broke Don't Fix It !!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

martin1950

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 18, 2019
Hartford. S/W Michigan
How many time have ya heard that? Seems to be one of my wife's favorite sayings. For about 15 years I've ben doing my cheeses in my CharGriller COS. Thought I'd try it in my PB820D. Took several minutes to work it out, but I think I'm on the right track. It will be a month or so before I know if it worked. Pictures should explain it better than my typing. Smoking for two hrs over Apple while I'm prepping the house for the 3" of rain and wind we are schedule to get tonite.

20200110_064933.jpg
20200110_065131.jpg
20200110_071646.jpg
20200110_080144.jpg
20200110_080335.jpg

Man that cheese looks good. I think you will be happy with the results. If not I'll shoot you my address and you can send them to me to try out for ya! Good luck with the storms. They are supposed to roll through here tomorrow afternoon.

• Haha
Reactions: martin1950
Martin Moore Well I pulled them off after two hours, nice color and the aroma has filled the whole house. Probably should have pulled the rain cap for freer flow of the smoke. I'll let'm set for a while before I seal-n-freeze. Month from now I'll know.
Edit or delete this
No photo description available.

Reactions: brewski
Looks good from here! I’m planning on smoking some tomorrow after the 3” of rain but during the 12” of snow we are supposed to get up here

• Wow
Reactions: martin1950
I am new to cold smoking but have some experience in hot smoking and jerky. I want to smoke cheese and think I have it figured out except for how long to rest the cheese after smoking and before vac sealing?

And thanks, any help will be greatly appreciated by me.

Pat

Everyone does it different. I'll let it sit on the counter for a couple of hours before I seal'em up. Some folk will let them rest in the frig over-night before sealing. I don't think any method is craved in stone.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky