If I wanted to sell my jerky what should I know?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

worm304

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 12, 2016
So. I get a lot of requests for my jerky. Some buddies of mine think we should try to sell it. We are thinking of maybe getting a bunch of product together and setting up a booth at a street fair. There are always plenty of town fairs where people set up booths and sell their merchandise here in Florida. I am literally only producing a small amount at this time in my MES 30 so I am far from making any form of business out of it. Let's say I wanted to dive in and actually make an attempt at this to see if it's doable, what are some things I will have to do/consider? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Well I don't have exact info but be sure to look up the regulations and such on selling jerky or homemade items.
I think in TX bread, jellys/jams, jerky, and stuff like that fall under a category where you can sell at fairs and other places like that.

Again be sure to research it as my info is going off of memory and could be somewhat inaccurate plus it's from a different state so things may be different in FL.

Best of luck!

I also suggest checking out the local ordinances. The may very from town to town, city to city, and state to state.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky