i won a Weber Original Kettle Premium from I'm Hungry !!! :)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JeffB1961

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 1, 2021
I'm Hungry on you tube had a give away a month ago and i'm one of the winners . it's the only thing i've ever won from any internet source and i'm pretty stoked about it . i don't know if michael is a member here but i'm very grateful for the win and the videos he has shared .

i've ordered the unicook cover for it and a LUTANI 10 inch bbq whirlpool (cheap vortex) for it . moe's black gold bbq is another youtuber i like and he has used a lutani for a few years with no issues . i have a few unicook covers and i think they are great in spite of their very budget price ($17) . the lutani was only $10 . moe's lutani has a little hook/handle but at $20 is the same other than that for twice the price .

i've been wanting a kettle/smoker big enough for a pork shoulder for traveling and camping . last summer we loaded the oklahoma joe bronco in the back of the renegade for a 6 hour trip ..... not exactly fun but it provided good food for good friends and family and good times . but this kettle will be soooo much easier to load and unload ! thanks again Michael if you're here ;)
take care folks :)

thanks folks :)
my unicook cover was delivered about an hour ago . the lutani whirlpool/vortex is supposed to be delivered tomorrow and the weber is supposed to be delivered saturday . we might get several inches of snow saturday so that may delay delivery ........ but chicken wings are gonna be first on the menu after a burn in/seasoning .
take care folks , jeff

Reactions: JLeonard
my kettle and the vortex is here :) assembly was pretty easy . going by you tube videos i was expecting to use some very choice words getting the legs on but everything went together and no choice 4 letter words were needed . there was one big surprise though , it has P vents ! my lady like it a lot so that's always a good sign .

michael/imhungry thanks sooo much dude ! this is so cool ! i'm gonna go season it in a bit but probably won't cook on it till sunday or monday . the forecast tomorrow is 29 with 2-6 inches of snow and wind chills near single digits . i picked up a 10 lb pork shoulder today for it's maiden voyage . i figured i'll do something easy first and do some wings the second time around . thanks again dude !

BTW the cheap $10 vortex has decent thickness on the metal and i suspect it will last me a few years , maybe more .

Attachments

• 20220311_133740.jpg
    20220311_133740.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220311_141918.jpg
    20220311_141918.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220311_141952.jpg
    20220311_141952.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220311_142709.jpg
    20220311_142709.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 11
Congratulations on the new Kettle, you'll love it!!!. I will say don't waste any coals on burn-in. Just wipe it down with a sponge and wash the grates. Remember it's porcelain coated so there isn't any machine oils on the surfaces of the kettle. Good luck and have fun.

Chris

Reactions: JeffB1961
thanks , but i already did the burn in with cheap wally world brickets .
anybody know when they started doing p vents on the original kettle premium ? none of the videos i saw for it had them .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky