i think i'm sold...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jftx

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Amarillo, TX
I think I'm sold on a Masterbuilt Extra Wide propane Smoker.  Unfortunately I'm only able to look at them on-line.  I really like being able to check things over before i buy them but i don't live anywhere close to a Bass Pro Shop.  I've read great things about it.  I like the size.  I just wonder if anyone out there has an opinion on it.  How well does the door seal?  Is that something i even need to worry about?    What is the construction like?  Pros/Cons?  Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. 

I added the link below. 

http://www.basspro.com/Masterbuilt-Extra-Wide-Propane-Smoker/product/10219561/

Last edited:
I watched that and he didn't seem to have any complaints about it.  Sounds pretty good.  I hope someone who owns one will chime in. 

I just received my Masterbuilt gasser and after assembly,  I can see a couple mods but nothing really serious.  Yes some door rope or a similar sealer would help.

I just received my Masterbuilt gasser and after assembly,  I can see a couple mods but nothing really serious.  Yes some door rope or a similar sealer would help.

What kind of mods are you thinking other than the woodchip pan? Can you tell me more about door tape or a different kind of gasket?

So far I can't find any high temp door rope so I just might used some high temp RTV sealant (that I use on my Mustang and Chebbie motor) around the door opening.   This will smoke seepage around the door.

Get an AMNPS from Todd, you'll love it and Todd's customer service is great , good Christmas present
yahoo.gif

Maybe this isn't the right place to ask this question. I could start another thread but I thought I'd run it by you guys.So you can use an AMZNPS to cold smoke in a gasser like the Master Built and turn it into a small smokehouse? I’ve read that the burners can be changed out to be used along with a needle gauge to get consistent lower tempts for cold smoking.I’m looking to buy something on Craig’s list and then do the mods if that is the case. I think I’d like to have a nice stick burner and a propane smoker for cold smoking and something little closer to “set it and forget” than the stick burner when I can’t commit to a whole day hangout in the back yard. Thoughts?

I found this smoker on Cabela's website under a different name.  They call it the  Masterbuilt 40" Verticle Propane Smoker.  it costs a little bit more but it comes with two suasage racks and a cover.  They also have free shipping right now which means if i go with this one I wil get the sausage racks and the cover for less than what i would pay for just the smoker from Basspro after shipping is charged. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky