I never want to hear ANYTHING about FOOTBALL again...EVER!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
football.gif

The minutiae that those talking heads discuss is mind boggling. I don't know anyone who sits at home and tunes in to that crap. Tire shops, hotels, bars, etc., keep these morons employed.
I listen to it daily. I've been sports betting for over 30 years. Now I do it legally with a BET-MGM account. I'm retired and have time for things like this. I made some substantial money in years past. I turned a profit last year, and a nice profit this year. Beating the spread isn't easy, so every bit of information one can acquire is useful. It's fun to bet football games if you like and watch football. It's more fun when you win than it is when you lose. RAY

I just spent the past 3 hours at the tire shop listening to NFL Now while waiting on a tire repair/new battery...oh my GAWWWWD! :emoji_confounded:

As you were...
This is why I go to a shop that lets me make an appointment. In, and out in around half hour. The tire shop I use has pretty dang good coffee as well.

The pre, halftime, and post game analysis drivel drives me nuts. I saw the game guys, and No, XYZ quarterback didn't throw a pick because he tied his damned left shoelace the wrong way. As far as college, dump the halftime crap, and SHOW THE FREAKING MARCHING BANDS. GEEZ!
Heck yeah! My wife was a bandie in HS. She loves to watch the bands.
And I see TNJAKE TNJAKE found a meme of me in my glory days!

Jim

ST, Sorry you had to listen to football talk, I don't. I do watch football every Sunday and love it ! :)

Reactions: PPG1
This is why I go to a shop that lets me make an appointment. In, and out in around half hour. The tire shop I use has pretty dang good coffee as well.

I called and TRIED to make an appointment, but the guy's like "Oh just come on and we'll get you in and RIGHT out!".

I hope his butt gets an itch so deep he can't scratch it! :emoji_smiling_imp:

I'm a RedZone watcher. The RedZone turned my wife into a pro-football watcher. When the season ends and the playoffs start, no more RedZone. :emoji_disappointed:

The playoff games, with the exception of a couple, have been snoozers. Hopefully this weekend will liven things up a bit, but I suspect two lopsided events will happen.

I don't play fantasy football or sports bet, but I do appreciate a game with balanced offense and defense. Talking heads wear out my pause and fast forward buttons.

I called and TRIED to make an appointment, but the guy's like "Oh just come on and we'll get you in and RIGHT out!".

I hope his butt gets an itch so deep he can't scratch it! :emoji_smiling_imp:
I always have a book with me for those long waits, but I would have bailed after an hour.
I don't know about your area but there are a lot of tire/battery places around here...

I had a complete set of tires put on my truck back in the summer. They had to order the tires I wanted, so once they came in, I made an appointment to have them put on. I showed up about 15 minutes ahead and still sat there for around 4 hours to get 4 new tires and an alignment. From what I remember, it was an hour past my appointment time before they ever pulled my truck into a bay, then it just sat there with nobody even working on it for another 45 min to an hour.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky