I need help with latches

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alanh

Original poster
Feb 15, 2013
I got the doors put on today but I'm kinda stuck on how I'm going make the latches. I have a couple ideas but before I spend a lot of time on something that might not work I was wanting to see if any if y'all had and ideas for me

I thought about that, but I was thinking that it might be kinda hard to open and close them with the high temps.

I thought about that, but I was thinking that it might be kinda hard to open and close them with the high temps.
They're exposed on the outside,and have Rubber on the handles, go down a post to my Modified my small reverse flow and you'll see them, we have them on the firebox also and can unlatch the fbox door barehanded.

Mike

You got them form Harbor freight? I usually go to a town with a harbor freight about once a month I might have to make a trip pretty soon.

Harbor Freight has 2 Styles I usually use the ones with the Straight levers,they flip way out of the way.Theyare the same ones you see guys selling for 15 bucks each on ebay or under bbq latches.Go on their site and you can get a good view of them, I'm mounting a set on a set of doors just like yours tomorrow or Friday morning,I'll put a pic on so you can see what they will be like on yours.They are going on a firebox,but it has Barn Doors wit a overlap strip like your cook doors so the mounting will be the same.

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky