I need heat now!!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingjhawk

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
KCMO
[h1]Trying to smoke chicken can't get my fire up to any decent temps[/h1]
not very cold a litte bit of wind cant seem to get it above 215 no matter what I do Please I need help any Ideas?????

If you have an old wool blanket, or natural fiber (no synthetics!) sleeping bag you can drape it over you main cooking chamber to help retain heat, and reduce the affect of any wind. Also I assume you are using a charcoal basket (?) in your fire box - you can dump 2 fully lit chimneys of charcoal into your basket, that will kick your temps up quite a bit.

Just remember anything you drape over the main cooking chamber cant have synthetic plastic based fibers, you need something like wool that won't melt, or a canvas drop cloth.

First of all, welcome to the SMF. There is plenty of reliable information here, just ask or read the forums.

I see that you've already gotten some good advise from Johnny. It's all good my friend.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_cool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky