I need a new knife

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've never been a fan of electric knives. I feel like they are mini chain saws, and if you need a chainsaw to slice it, then I don't want to eat it. LOL. know what i mean? (No offence to anyone who uses one.!)

I do most of my Slicing with an Electric Knife.
However don't pick on Chainsaws---I've done some of my Best cutting with Chainsaws too:
Link:
A Bear from Log to Finish

Bear

Reactions: PoukieBear
This is the one we have and I've had no issues. I have a manual slicer like some have mentioned. I didn't break the bank for it but I personally like the electric better and it's only $20.

Reactions: drdon
The link isn't working for me.
I have and like this slicing knife.
{creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584482455202776&psc=1

EXCEPT I bought the 14"
Second on this knife! We have a Wustoff set and but their slicer was insanely expensive. Hooked up one of these and LOVE IT. great buy. I bought the $10 plastic blade cover too for safety

Reactions: tallbm
My neighborhood Harbor Freight has the ceramic knives with white blades. I've never tried one and I'm tempted. But I don't need any more knives.

EXCEPT I bought the 14"
Second on this knife! We have a Wustoff set and but their slicer was insanely expensive. Hooked up one of these and LOVE IT. great buy. I bought the $10 plastic blade cover too for safety

I 2nd/3rd this kind of knife for briskets as well. The style is great the key is to just get a good reputable one that isn't too expensive.
I bought mine at a restaurant supply store for like $22 since I only use it for brisket.

I also like the giant Dexter Russell Fillet Knife 9" BLADE, like 14vinch overall here:

I use the Dexter Russell as a breaking knife (breaks down big cuts of meat into smaller) when I am deboning and processing wild game I hunt and eat.
It is great as a boning knife as well but you just have to watch breaking off the point (which my brother did). Even with a small tip broken off I use it every year to break down, debone, and process my game for making sausage, regular burger grind, and vac sealing for the year.
I think it was be a little overkill as just a straight brisket knife but I have no doubt it would get the job done and it has a 9" blade and is like 14" in overall length. It should be able to handle any chunk of meat you throw at it :)

I have this and it is an excellent slicing knife. I use it on bread as well.

I alos have the 10" dexter butcher knife. They come very sharp, just not sheath but I just put it up high and away out of reach from anyone but me.

I have a set of Cutco knives- they work great! find a local salesperson and look at their packages.

LOL---We have a set of Cutco Knives since the 70s.
Kid working his way through college did a Demo & we bought a set.
The scissors that he cut the Penny in half with is in my tool box. (Free Gift)
The Steak Knives were Never sharpened & still cut Steaks Perfectly!!

Bear

Im new to the party, so i'll go introduce myself next. But I worked in a professional kitchen japanese and steakhouse for years. And I love my Granton Slicing knife. Very reasonably priced (about 30 bucks) and works great on large chunks of meat. The ground blade helps the meat release from the blade.

Mox

So does that mean a meat slicer is like a circular saw:emoji_anguished::emoji_blush:.
Chris
Table Saw.

I have some really good and old Chicago Cutlery knives. Nearly 40 years old. Very easy to sharpen and steel between uses. But for a good set of inexpensive knives to use outdoors (where accidents happen) during a get together, at the grill/smoker, or tailgating, I have a set of Old Hickory knives. Really nice price for the set.

https://www.lehmans.com/product/old...MIpZTFoIWO5QIVoyCtBh1luAiGEAQYAyABEgIxRfD_BwE

Table Saw.

I have some really good and old Chicago Cutlery knives. Nearly 40 years old. Very easy to sharpen and steel between uses. But for a good set of inexpensive knives to use outdoors (where accidents happen) during a get together, at the grill/smoker, or tailgating, I have a set of Old Hickory knives. Really nice price for the set.

https://www.lehmans.com/product/old...MIpZTFoIWO5QIVoyCtBh1luAiGEAQYAyABEgIxRfD_BwE

old hickory’s are great knives. They are high enough carbon they sharpen like a dream.

old hickory’s are great knives. They are high enough carbon they sharpen like a dream.

Yes in deed, very easy to sharpen. Old Hickory are also the choice for bush craft modification; you tube has a few videos.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky