I`m making Salami, Brats, german sausages, etc. on youtube

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redbull2601

Original poster
Jun 5, 2019
Hey guys,
last year, me and my dad (71) decided to make some youtube videos, how to make sausages. My dad worked his whole life in the meat industry. Many of the recipes are very old (19th and 20th century). To protect the recipes for losing, we put them as videos online.

The videos are in german language, but i put english subtitles in. Youtube announced that they will add more audio tracks to also have english audio. We´ll see when this will happen...

If you are interested here is our youtube channel:

Opa Jochen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwkoKDTy2OwxruRuYTx_Qug

And here some videos:

Salami

Wiener and Bockwurst

Best regards!

Thank you! I just watched the bockwurst and wiener video, very informative. I did checkout some other videos but they were all in German with no subtitles. I would be greatly interested watching the rest of the videos even if they only had subtitles. Thanks for posting this.

Hey,
I´m working on it to translate all the videos!
I think next week i will have them all translated :-)

Reactions: johnnyb54
I too watched the wiener and bockwurst video. He was using what I think he called a slicer? It looked like a food processor only much larger. When I make sausage, I use a mixer, but I don’t think it would work for this?

I too watched the wiener and bockwurst video. He was using what I think he called a slicer? It looked like a food processor only much larger. When I make sausage, I use a mixer, but I don’t think it would work for this?
How does the mixer emulsify meat? I have a 12 cup Cuisinart food processor. I’ll defiantly try this when I try making hot dogs.

I've seen these videos on u-tube. They are great. Where can you find the recipes?

I have been watching the videos on u tube and enjoy them. I've been translating some of the recipes trying to learn some German. What brand chopper is that in the videos and can you get one in the USA?

I think it's a robot coupe, very pricey but a workhorse in the food processing world. available in the US
Thanks. I do enjoy the videos. Maybe you could explain why different cuts of meat are ground thru different plates and why they are mixed separate then combined.

Hey,
the lean meat an the fat has to be minced seperately. Then the lean meat is chopped in the bowl cutter with the phosphate (named "dry cuttering")
So the proteins are opened to bind the water. Then the fat is added.
So, the sausages hold the water inside and the sausages will stay juicy.

Different cutting plates are used if you want some coarse compnents in the sausages.
Best regards

Reactions: streetguy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky