• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

I just smoked for the first time on my Smoke Hollow Smoke-tronix 40" smoker!

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TSR6

Fire Starter
Jul 20, 2018
I smoked a pork shoulder this weekend - turned out amazing!

Attachments

• pulledpork.jpg
    pulledpork.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 17

old sarge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 26, 2012
That rivals any butt I have ever smoked. Looks tasty.

TSR6

Fire Starter
Jul 20, 2018
Smoked some cheese over the weekend. I love that the Smoketronix has the cold smoke feature built in - and it's easy to run this right now especially with the current COLD Wisconsin weather!

old sarge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 26, 2012
The cheese looks like it turned out very nice. How old is your smoker now and have you experienced any serious issues with it?

TSR6

Fire Starter
Jul 20, 2018
The cheese looks like it turned out very nice. How old is your smoker now and have you experienced any serious issues with it?

I got it this past summer - no issues so far. I really like it. I know the other brand you have to do all sorts of mods and what not to do everything this unit can do. I'm happy.

old sarge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 26, 2012
Going electric is supposed to be easy and pretty much fool proof. Sounds like you have a gem of a smoker.

SecondHandSmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 30, 2018
Looks good with that nice golden patina.
I like the cold smoke feature on the Smoke Tronix too.
Like you, I still find running with a tray of ice helps keeps the chamber temp down to an acceptable level for smoking cheese.

Good to hear your Smoke Tronix is workig well for you too. No issues with mine whatsoever.
The Smoke Tronix has turned out to be a darn good smoker for its price point.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 11, 2015
Looks like you are getting the hang of that smoker. Suggestion stand cheese on its edge get more smoke a round the whole piece.

Warren

TSR6

Fire Starter
Jul 20, 2018
Looks good with that nice golden patina.
I like the cold smoke feature on the Smoke Tronix too.
Like you, I still find running with a tray of ice helps keeps the chamber temp down to an acceptable level for smoking cheese.

Good to hear your Smoke Tronix is workig well for you too. No issues with mine whatsoever.
The Smoke Tronix has turned out to be a darn good smoker for its price point.

Thanks. I just hate waiting for it to age into the cheese. :)

The ice helps - and so does our cold weather outside lol.

It's been a nice unit, and love that I don't need to do anything to it mod-wise to do everything I've done so far. Full out of the box solution!

TSR6

Fire Starter
Jul 20, 2018
Looks like you are getting the hang of that smoker. Suggestion stand cheese on its edge get more smoke a round the whole piece.

Warren

I will try that next time too - the color on the cheese is pretty even though!

old sarge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 26, 2012
Sort of surprising more folks have not discovered the SmokeTronix. But it is a tad expensive. Seems like a great value.

SecondHandSmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 30, 2018
Thanks. I just hate waiting for it to age into the cheese. :)

The ice helps - and so does our cold weather outside lol.

It's been a nice unit, and love that I don't need to do anything to it mod-wise to do everything I've done so far. Full out of the box solution!

Yeah, cold ambient temps really help. The other day my wife and I picked up two blocks each of gouda, muenster, and swiss to add the cheese we have mellowing in the garage fridge. Looks like I"ll need to wait until mid next week to do anymore cheese smoking.
The weather should be clear and cooler by then.

I have been very pleased with my Smoke Tronix. Temps are accurate and solid.

SecondHandSmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 30, 2018
Sort of surprising more folks have not discovered the SmokeTronix. But it is a tad expensive. Seems like a great value.

When the Smoke Tronix first came out, a lot of online reviews by purported owners were not very favorable.
In fact, I almost passed on the Smoke Tronix due to the bad reviews.
I am glad I read those reviews with a grain of salt.
This smoker has been a solid performer.

TSR6

Fire Starter
Jul 20, 2018
When the Smoke Tronix first came out, a lot of online reviews by purported owners were not very favorable.
In fact, I almost passed on the Smoke Tronix due to the bad reviews.
I am glad I read those reviews with a grain of salt.
This smoker has been a solid performer.

agreed. I really like it - and it's nice that there are no mods needed. It seems to do everything out of the box that takes more money & time with the other popular option.

SecondHandSmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 30, 2018
agreed. I really like it - and it's nice that there are no mods needed. It seems to do everything out of the box that takes more money & time with the other popular option.

Yep.
Just smoked more cheese this morning.

The other day, I was searching online to see who was still selling the Smoke Tronix.
it would appear that no one carries them except for a used one on ebay.
The outfit you bought your from is still offering them online at a clearance price.
I was seriously considering buying another one just to have it.
Unfortunately, I already blew thru my allowance for the month on an anitque grandfather clock movement service and rebuild.

old sarge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 26, 2012
Master built acquired Outdoor Leisure's Smoke Hollow in 2017. That might explain why they are hard to find. Competition! And then eliminate said competition.

SecondHandSmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 30, 2018
Master built acquired Outdoor Leisure's Smoke Hollow in 2017. That might explain why they are hard to find. Competition! And then eliminate said competition.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

According to some online reviews from late 2018, folks were even mentioning that customer support was poor to nonexistent.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky