I have so much going on here........

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bhawkins

Smoke Blower
Original poster
I have so much going on that I am posting it here. I hope this is good.

First a little story about the deer meat. I was going to a friends house this morning, and not far from where he lives there was a doe lying on the side of the road. It had rained pretty good this morning before I left,and the blood running out of her nose was very fresh so I took the chance and grabbed her up. When I open up the body cavity she was still warm enough to steam and the blood had not started to coagulate yet so I handled it.

I am having a Birthday party tomorrow for my step-daughter. The menu: Pulled pork. Two on the grill now.I will be using SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce. I have used it once before and really did like it. Hope there is enough left to save some, the Limbaugh's can eat!!

This is my personal stash of chicken breast with a spicy tomato mushroom blend on it. Very good. I learned at the first Birthday party I did for Bridget that if you don't want it ate don't let them find it. I had grilled some plain chicken then for me to have something for lunches, but my wife's step-grandmother found it while I was letting it cool.Then everybody wanted a grilled chicken sandwich!!

This is the plain chicken that I cook so that I will have something for the chicken, bacon, ranch pizzas.Will be cooking those on the Weber!!

Twice smoked( or maybe smoked then baked) potatoes. Rubbed down with Olive Oil then sprinkled with my knock off of Paula Dean's Silly Salt.  

My new probe Thermo. Picked up at a kitchen store at a local mall. It is made by Hamilton Beach. I did the Ice water and boiling water tests. In the Ice water it read 35* but in the boiling water it held at 212* so far it seems to be good.Time will tell

The party isn't until tomorrow I just decided to pre-cook all that I could so it would be easier.I do also plan on my baked beans. They are not as wild as Dutch's appear to be, but everyone here really likes them.Maybe they won't get too mad at me when I change the sauce I use in them. Hopefully I will get some more pics up after the party.

Hope the party is a success and as for the deer
devil.gif
 , I'm jealous . I been looking all year long for fresh road kill...
frown.gif

I hope you...enjoy it , looks delicious.Quick , put some Bacon all over those hindquarters before they dry-out.
cool.gif

As always, have fun and...

LOL!  You just gotta love us rednecks!

Bill
Exactly! I went on to my friends house first and told him about it. He was quick to say" go get it before someone else does" I had my trailer on my truck, So I quickly unhitched it. All I could think was " I need to get back before some OTHER redneck around here sees it!!" He lives in the boonies.

OH BTW I got it wrapped in freezer paper and in the freezer before it dried too much.

Exactly! I went on to my friends house first and told him about it. He was quick to say" go get it before someone else does" I had my trailer on my truck, So I quickly unhitched it. All I could think was " I need to get back before some OTHER redneck around here sees it!!" He lives in the boonies.

OH BTW I got it wrapped in freezer paper and in the freezer before it dried too much.
Nice!

I have a nice hindquarter in the freezer, been thinking about what to do with it...  Tonight me and Trevor (my youngest) were trimming a couple pork butts to prep for tomorrow so we threw all the fat in a bag and into the freezer so we could use it to make deer sausage or burger!!!

Bill

Well, Here they are pre-pull. I thought they turned out nice. The one still in the foil wrapping was actually the second to finish cooking.The other was a bit smaller and closer to the fire. I was impressed with the way things went today. I do have a side fire box on my grill, but it is too small, so I have been using it more like a horizontal barrel, with the fire on one end, meat on the other. I got to tell you, it is hard to resist the urge to open it up when you don't see any smoke or anything. It held steady though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky