I have always wanted a Weber 22.5 Kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ecto1

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 22, 2010
Spring, Tx
Like the title says I have always wanted one not sure why i guess it is because it seems to be the essential charcoal grill.  It is an American icon in my opinion and from what I have read the best buy for your money.  Well years and years of well that is kinda pricey when I have three UDS smokers that will do the same have come to an end.  Where I work w have a rewards program that you can nominate people for a Job Well Done.  I got a pretty good nomination and on Friday I will be receiving a New Weber Silver 22.5, a Weber chimney, a Weber Cover and a Weber Utensil set.  I am stoked!! Not only do I get all of this but I only have to pay the taxes on it so that is a pretty big haul for a Lincoln and a Hamilton.  I am thinking Stuffed Burgers on Saturday to break her in.  I know I am cheap and should have picked one up years ago.  My next goal is a WSM lets see how long this one takes?

th_4th_of_July.gif

You can't beat that with a stick! IMO everyone should own a kettle. I'd disagree with one thing.. There nothing the wsm would do that your UDS can't.

I'll admit that I don't use my kettle as much now that I have a Big Poppa uds that sears/grills after I smoke but when I do chicken wings they're going on the kettle usually.

Kettles do it all and it's nice to have something that smokes grills and sears and or need extra room.

You can't beat that with a stick! IMO everyone should own a kettle. I'd disagree with one thing.. There nothing the wsm would do that your UDS can't.

I'll admit that I don't use my kettle as much now that I have a Big Poppa uds that sears/grills after I smoke but when I do chicken wings they're going on the kettle usually.

Kettles do it all and it's nice to have something that smokes grills and sears and or need extra room.

I agree totally on the WSM vs UDS but I still think they are pretty.

I just got the same size performer one touch gold for my birthday. seasoned it up this morning and ribs are going on in ten minutes or so. I am so excited! 
Congratulations.gif

Gonna teach my 8 year old boy how to do some wings tomorrow it will be his first Que.  Then I am thinning burgers on Sunday.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky