I hate this freaking website

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BXMurphy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 12, 2022
Methuen, Massachusetts
I hate this stinkin' website. It's going to cost me a llloooot of money. It has EVERYTHING!

And all I wanted was to learn how to cure jerky to make it safe.

How come you know so much and make it seem so fun and easy? Why can't you just do like everyone else and just post cat pictures or something?!?

Ugh.

Murph

PS: Thank you for the absolutely TASTIEST corned beef my wife and I have ever eaten!!!

PPS: I still hate this freaking website.

Last edited:
And an other new member to the growing fan club,

I know what you mean , I was brought here a year ago to make wife some Polish Sausage.
Still have not done that , but have learned soooooo much . And fun doing so

I feel your pain

David

Reactions: 912smoker
Well, as you can see I've been around since 2008, I learned a ton during those years. Jeff's stuff was a great start.
A while after the upgrade somehow I got 'locked' out and no matter what couldn't log in for years...
Then one day, it did. Hence my low post count but still the place is packed with info.
Been sitting on deer meat till I grow some 'balls' to do a Bearcarver dry meat with them.

Reactions: BXMurphy
Haha, until I came here I was happy with a Kettle, then a large horizontal offset, then a MES 40, then some other new gadgets. On my hiatus from the site I downsized as we moved a few times, but since my return I've put in an order for a huge trailer mounted horizontal offset. This place is like that best friend that does everything right and pushes you out of a comfort zone to be better. You hate him when he's doing it, but you love him when it works out.

0B37F53D-8C4B-44E2-9570-3189086D17AC.jpeg
Ok, let’s just get it out of the way so we can get back to smokin. Not even my cat, my daughter‘s. He has no pride to sleep like that.

I love/hate this site. Especially in the evening when I start to browse. I look at the pictures and get so damned hungry. I wish I had never found that dimestore smoker on sale. I used to go to the butcher shop once a year at Christmas. Now, we send each other Christmas cards!

View attachment 524129
Ok, let’s just get it out of the way so we can get back to smokin. Not even my cat, my daughter‘s. He has no pride to sleep like that.

I love/hate this site. Especially in the evening when I start to browse. I look at the pictures and get so damned hungry. I wish I had never found that dimestore smoker on sale. I used to go to the butcher shop once a year at Christmas. Now, we send each other Christmas cards!
How long would you smoke it?

I signed up to learn some things and haven't left. I also have spent more money on smokers, attachments, Cooking utensils and other "things" that I needed to Better my smoking.

Yes I do agree it has cost me some money BUT it sure is fun!

Reactions: GaryHibbert
I hate this stinkin' website. It's going to cost me a llloooot of money. It has EVERYTHING!

And all I wanted was to learn how to cure jerky to make it safe.

How come you know so much and make it seem so fun and easy? Why can't you just do like everyone else and just post cat pictures or something?!?

Ugh.

Murph

PS: Thank you for the absolutely TASTIEST corned beef my wife and I have ever eaten!!!

PPS: I still hate this freaking website.
Ya what is it with this site...I mean gee and why do I always have these urges to try that meal or this meal...maybe we aught to outlaw pictures...lol...and descriptions, too...to late my grocery list already has a couple of additions....oh well eat good though...

If we had put it up front how bad and costly this sight is most of us would not give it the time of day to join.
Suprise surprise you were suckered into the best sight on the internet. Enjoy your newfound family of smoking friends and welcome aboard.

Warren

Reactions: GaryHibbert
When I joined the Forum, I had just paid $35 for a used WallyWorld stick burner. I knew nothing about smoking. So I joined just to learn what to do with it. Didn't take long to convince me I "needed" a brand new MES 30 Gen 1. Then I discovered all the extra "must have" additional purchases that would make my smoking life "easier" and "absolutely take my new hobby to the next level". And it never ends.
All I wanted to do was learn how to use my new El-Cheapo smoker. Thanks a lot SMF. :emoji_disappointed_relieved::emoji_disappointed_relieved:
Gary

Heck, I just joined here because I wanted to learn to make my own pulled pork. That got the snowball rolling down the hill, which just keeps getting bigger, and bigger, and the bottom of the hill is not yet in sight.

Similar deal here. Came with a specific question and that kinda exploded into all grilling, smoking, SV, bread - you name it.

Love this place!

I came here to figure out what to do with brisket. 2 smokers, an air fryer, and a sous vide later, I'm still here.....

Not to mention the vac sealer, meat slicer and several varieties of temp probes.....

More reasons to "hate".......I honestly can't remember the actual reason or how I found the forum but I know I was looking for ideas to expand my smoking experience and all I found was "hard work" being performed under fire......LOL

This forum is directly responsible for all this hard work.....
CopperLobster (2).jpg

surfandturf.jpg
PB-BurntEnds.jpg
Porkwelly.jpeg
SearedPB.jpg
welly2.PNG

x-fire-magic.jpg

bbq-family.jpg

In truth this forum has fundamentally changed my family and friends BBQ experience for LIFE!

Well, as you can see I've been around since 2008, I learned a ton during those years. Jeff's stuff was a great start.
A while after the upgrade somehow I got 'locked' out and no matter what couldn't log in for years...
Then one day, it did. Hence my low post count but still the place is packed with info.
Been sitting on deer meat till I grow some 'balls' to do a Bearcarver dry meat with them.
Go for it, it's ausome, haven't done veny yet with it but quite a few eye of rounds. Everybody loved it.

Reactions: eaglewing
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky