I gotta brag on my lil girl.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

top shot bbq

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
Murfreesboro Tennessee
I help coach my 9 year old daughter's archery team along with the school resource officer. Saturday they had their first tournament and our school was 3rd over all with five archers placing with high scores in the top 5 out of 220 shooters.

My daughter has been shooting at school practice once a week for the last 6 weeks, just not enough time on the line so we bought her a Genisis bow that they use in the school programs. She was pretty bummed that she didn't place individually so my wife and I presented her with the bow after the Tourny, ( couldn't pick up until Saturday after the meet).  She insisted that she practice and was determined like I have never seen her before. My wife was watching her and keeping track of her stats and in the two days shot 350 times.With only a few reminders of her stance and to slow down and set up her shot she pretty much dialed her self in, keep in mind she is shooting instinctive no sights allowed. Second pic is her last round of practice yesterday. Shooting from 10 Meters

Seeing her show that much commitment and determination sure makes for a proud daddy. 

You should be proud, that is awesome! Tell to keep going and she will only get better.

I got my son shooting archery when he was 5 (16 now) and he has really become a good shot. other teenage things have replaced archery but he still likes it.

The club we use to shoot at had some wickedly incredible archers (most of them girls). This was all through the J.O.A.D. program and a couple of them achieved their Olympian medals through the program.

The Lions Club I belong to here helps to sponsor a NRA youth group each year......shooting trap, rifle, pistol and archery. I noticed that there seamed to be a large increase of girls over the last two years.......some much better than the boys. That had some dads puffed up like peacocks over their girls.

Keep up the good work........I love to see the gals get involved..

Brad

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky