I feel like Forest Gump!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
So as most of you all know, We went fishing about 2 weeks ago and struck out on the fish. But inshore brown shrimp season had just opened up and we caught a shrimp boat that had just pulled up to the dock and were selling shrimp right off the boat....caught the night before. I posted the first cook...boiled shrimp remoulade lettuce wraps. Well, 2 nights later I cooked blackened shrimp with a Roasted red bell pepper, basil and romano cheese cream sauce...
IMG_20220516_183955.jpg

Then 2 night later, we did fried shrimp po-boys with the leftover remoulade with the real deal Ledenheimer po-boy bread from New Orleans...
IMG_20220517_163854.jpg

IMG_20220517_164735.jpg

All the shrimp dishes were outstanding! Hard to beat with very fresh gulf shrimp!!

Just thought I'd throw these up for you guys to see.....thanks for lookin...

Last edited:
So as most of you all know, We went fishing about 2 weeks ago and struck out on the fish. But inshore brown shrimp season had just opened up and we caught a shrimp boat that had just pulled up to the dock and were selling shrimp right off the boat....caught the night before. I posted the first cook...boiled shrimp remoulade lettuce wraps. Well, 2 nights later I cooked blackened shrimp with a red bell pepper, basil and romano cheese cream sauce...
View attachment 632695
Then 2 night later, we did fried shrimp po-boys with the leftover remoulade with the real deal Ledenheimer po-boy bread from New Orleans...
View attachment 632694
View attachment 632693
All the shrimp dishes were outstanding! Hard to beat with very fresh gulf shrimp!!

Just thought I'd throw these up for you guys to see.....thanks for lookin...
Man that looks great! I wish I had me some shrimp like that. Fresh out the water is amazing :D

Reactions: indaswamp
"Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it."

Looks like you have been eating entirely to good at least without sharing with me :emoji_laughing:
It all looks outstanding and your right fresh gulf shrimp is hard to beat.

Reactions: bigfurmn
Looks like you have been eating entirely to good at least without sharing with me :emoji_laughing:
It all looks outstanding and your right fresh gulf shrimp is hard to beat.
"Why pay $5/# for 70/30 burger when I can have 16-20 count shrimp fresh off the boat for $3.50/#?????" DUH...I'm eating SHRIMP!!! LOL!!!

"Why pay $5/# for 70/30 burger when I can have 16-20 count shrimp fresh off the boat for $3.50/#?????" DUH...I'm eating SHRIMP!!! LOL!!!
Very true I can run down to the coast here and buy them off the boat or sometimes one of them will post that he will be at such and such parking lot the next day with them fresh off the boat.
When I lived in central FL had a friend that owned a fish house along with several shrimp boats and a stone crab boat usually when I went by there I came home with more free shrimp then I wanted to deal with. The stone crab claws weren't near as bad I could just vacuum seal what we didn't eat without having to clean them

Reactions: indaswamp
Some delicious looking meals! I'm guessing eating like that you're not running anywhere!

Ryan

Some fantastic looking plates there Keith, nice work! We have shrimp 3-4 times a month, fried or most often from the CI tray placed on the Weber. Since moving here three years ago we've bought nothing but the red shrimp from Argentina, 15 to the pound, love that stuff. That Romano cheese cream sauce really stands out, we love Alfredo, I'll be working on that soon! RAY

• Haha
Reactions: Brokenhandle
Some fantastic looking plates there Keith, nice work! We have shrimp 3-4 times a month, fried or most often from the CI tray placed on the Weber. Since moving here three years ago we've bought nothing but the red shrimp from Argentina, 15 to the pound, love that stuff. That Romano cheese cream sauce really stands out, we love Alfredo, I'll be working on that soon! RAY
Thanks Ray. Never had shrimp from Argentina. The Roasted Red Bell Pepper, basil, and romano cheese cream sauce is posted...I've made it before. Just do a search and it will come up.

OMG Keith!! I have the shrimp sweats going right now. It all looks fantastic but the first dish with the cheese cream sauce is just screaming at me. Amazing across the board my friend!!

Robert

Keith, that's some mighty fine eating right there. Who doesn't love shrimp, especially fried shrimp, whether alone or in a po-boy?? Looks fantastic...

I must have missed this earlier. Man all that looks good as hell. That po boy looks legit. I had a oyster po boy for lunch today at a place called Lagniappe. We go there probably twice a week. Love it. Nice work bud

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky