I am looking for a meat thermometer that has a stored "high temp recall" feature.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

trackside smoke

Original poster
May 17, 2017
Hi, I am looking to see if anyone knows if someone makes a meat thermometer that has a "high temp recall". We are at the race track a few times a week and bring the smoker. But many times we do some fairly long smokes. I will start the meat and tend to it but we will head into the track usually around 3 for anywhere from 4 to 8 hours. Most times it works out good and we get pretty good results (most races last that 5 hour range) but I can not always tell what the meat and temps did and if I need to stoke it and go for more time or if its good to go. Like I said I come close most the time and have had great outcomes, But there also have been times it was only ok.. and BBQ and "OK" do not go together lol. If I could find a thermometer that I can leave in the meat and either have the unit on me or at least one that can stay by the smoker and will store the highest temp the meat got to. We are usually a fair distance from the RV when we are in the track. Any help would be great thanks!!

Thanks I have not found a model that has high temp recall. Do you what model has one? Thanks again

Wow that is pretty cool!!! Thanks I lil pricey but would serve my purpose. What kind of farmer?

Anyone else have any ideas?
I have an old Taylor digital kitchen thermometer that has both high and low limit memory...but really, why do you care? Low and Slow BBQ is done when it is tender, not if it's reached some temperature. Go by look and feel, not temp.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky