I’m back

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dustyl

Original poster
May 17, 2015
Well my wife passed a few months ago, I retired a month ago and I’ve taken to my smoking/grilling/cooking for some of my time consumption. I fired up the Mastercraft gas smoker for some pulled pork a little earlier this year. Massive five burner Charbroil infrared gas needs $$$ repairs. ME30 under cover. So I bought a Pitboss Lexington pellet smoker grill. Learning curve not good for diet. Will be looking for tips and recipes. Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: negolien
Well my wife passed a few months ago, I retired a month ago and I’ve taken to my smoking/grilling/cooking for some of my time consumption. I fired up the Mastercraft gas smoker for some pulled pork a little earlier this year. Massive five burner Charbroil infrared gas needs $$$ repairs. ME30 under cover. So I bought a Pitboss Lexington pellet smoker grill. Learning curve not good for diet. Will be looking for tips and recipes. Thanks
Hi there and welcome back!
I'm sorry to hear about the wife, some time and some good food always helps with a loss.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you make and if you have issues with your MES30 speak up, I'm sure we can get any of them fixed or provide work around options to keep going with it or even improve the hell out of it :)

Welcome back! And sorry to hear of your loss! This is a good place to stay busy ... the heck with diets, put on your stretchy pants lol.

Ryan

Welcome back! Very sorry to hear about your wife…. Hopefully retirement will keep you happy. I does me.

Cooking and smoking are great pastimes.

Sorry to hear about your wife. We have enough people here to help you fix any rig you have. @Brokenhandle… Pants? Pants??? I don’t need no stinking pants!!! (Unless hot spitting grease is involved). Bring on the food.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Welcome! Great group here to help with almost anything! So sorry to hear about your wife.

Welcome back and sorry to hear about your loss.
Time, smoke and good good can help ease the pain . And the Good folks here at SMF !
And stretchy pants 😂

Keith

Real life sucks sorry to hear about your wife. Retiring on top of that must be difficult also. I and my family wish you the best. Lookin forward to some cooks be well my friend.
life-sucks_o_.jpg

Sorry to read about losing your wife. I cannot imagine...
Pellet poopers good for what you can get out of them.
I use mine for low and slow. It is horrible above 300°

Sorry about your loss. Takes time to recover. Hope to see you posting your cooks.

So sorry about your wife. I can't imagine, but I did have this true conversation with my wife a while back.

Me: I don't think I'd be able to get along without you. So I've resolved to go first.
Her: That's fine.
Me: ???

Reactions: 912smoker
Sorry for your loss... Same happened here... It was difficult for awhile... Still is difficult after 5 years... but doable... Not the same but things will change for the better... My cooking added about 50#'s.... I only cook things I really like... Maybe that's a mistake but I'm OK with it for now... A guy has to have something to look forward to don't he ????
I hope things go well for you... You need anything, I'm here....

Brought a smile. We had the same conversation. I insured myself up pretty good so she would be set for life. Not so much the other way. Good people here too. I’ve done burger and chicken on pellet, this week with a break in weather,smoked beef ribs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky