Hunting And Fishing Thread!?!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Reactions: pc farmer
I actually was just able to start fishing again in October after surgery in February.
Think I posted these before, but here they are again.

Cedar Point Pier on the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway, just North of Dauphin Island.
Bull Reds
20221024_161834(0).jpg
20221024_143303.jpg

Then a few weeks back we drove over to Eufaula, AL and fished below the Walter F. George dam, we caught Blue Cats, Striper and Crappie.

1668870532337.jpg
20221119_084105.jpg
20221120_134015.jpg

Been out after deer once this season, could've bagged some does, but were after antlers with no luck.
going out over New Years weekend.

Far far SE Utah right Ryan lol

I sit out on the porch a lot of afternoons and watch the deer feeding just haven't really felt like dealing with one if I shoot it. I did have some procedures done and am starting to feel a little better so we'll see.

Reactions: crazymoon
Created a forum in the social groups called Field and Stream. I moved this thread there.

Awesome… thanks! Never thought this thread would take hold, let alone have a sub forum… Thanks Brian!!

I actually was just able to start fishing again in October after surgery in February.
Think I posted these before, but here they are again.

Cedar Point Pier on the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway, just North of Dauphin Island.
Bull Reds
View attachment 652858View attachment 652859

Then a few weeks back we drove over to Eufaula, AL and fished below the Walter F. George dam, we caught Blue Cats, Striper and Crappie.

View attachment 652860View attachment 652861View attachment 652862

Been out after deer once this season, could've bagged some does, but were after antlers with no luck.
going out over New Years weekend.

Thanks for chiming in…. Love it bro! Most importantly awesome that you’re healthy! Love ya brother!

Reactions: chilerelleno
Cool idea Justin

Have not hunted for years , I did get a couple spike horn white tail when I did hunt.
We love fishing, Lately mostly when we can find the time out of the lake we live on now. Here is a couple shots Of Small mouth bass and lake trout

13" trout and an almost 18 inch small mouth

View attachment 652832
View attachment 652835
View attachment 652833

But what Mona really likes is jigging for cod and maceral fishing, she grew up on the ocean , and that is her favorite. Will find some pictures and post up

David

You Sir, have an amazing backyard…. Phenomenal!

Went stripper fishing in one of the tidal rivers were they can go up to 40+" long
this little fella had to go back in as nothing under 22" Or somewhere near that .
Embarrassed to show , lol This was not close at all
and that is all just a few bites, day after a friend said he pulled out a 33" one

DSC_1814.JPG
DSC_1812.JPG

Or back to the salt water, we hooked ....I mean we bought at the market, a couple of Mona's favorite shell fish, I have showen one of these before . Not my cup of tea , but Mona is happy more for her. the one in the cooler was just over 4 pounds next to a 2 litre milk jug,
and the other 2 with the hamburger bun to show the size

DSC_0491.JPG

DSC_1766.JPG

David

Not your typical pics Justin but...

View attachment 652850

That's about 1/2 of this year's deer burger...think we ended up with about 90 lbs and still have a bunch of roasts and the loins.
Plus about 10 hearts...

View attachment 652851

Didn't take any other photos this year.

Fishing pics...well...

View attachment 652852

Not much for luck that day...2 small fish were caught and a good buzz! At least one of us stayed sober.
My beer buddy...(best friend from college) was his bachelor party, we'd already been golfing...

View attachment 652853

Yep, that's him lol! He's actually a great fisherman...me not so much. So I grow sweet corn and trade him and my father in law sweet corn for fish...win win!

Ryan

Awesome bro!

I have fished all my life and was an avid bowhunter until my shoulder issues. I haven't shot a deer in quite awhile, but fish 3-5 times a week, well except for now while I'm recovering from yet another shoulder surgery.

Now since I retired, I run my own guide service and get a lot of satisfaction watching others catch fish, hopefully catch fish, and taking my grands and passing on my love for the sport to them.

Hey all, so just curious if anyone would be interested in participating in a hunting and fishing thread…

ALL wild game and fishing… Hopefully this can be an ongoing thread if you all are interested! It just came to my mind that a lot of us here are sportsman/women! So why not have a thread where we can share our hunts and catches!

I will start and hope some of you will share yours as well!

View attachment 652780

Daughters first deer! She had to have Muddy Girl camo on her rifle and a wardrobe that matched! 😂

View attachment 652781

Sons first elk…

View attachment 652782

My elk last year!

View attachment 652783

Good friend’s son and my sons best friends first elk this year! They moved here from Tennessee a few years ago!

View attachment 652785

Sons elk this year!

View attachment 652784

My elk this year!

View attachment 652786

Just after work, dropped down to the river for a few… Son out fished me… AGAIN! 😂

View attachment 652787

The son and I, fam camped at a small lake bout an hour away… decent trout for the size of the lake!

Thanks for looking and hope to see some of your hunts and catches!
Great idea for a thread! Thanks bmudd14474 bmudd14474 for the sub group/forum.

I don't have pics of the animals but do have picks of all the meat processed from them from my hunting this past year 2022.

I bagged 2 does and 1 male in it's second year that hadn't presented any nubs, discoloration, or anything to indicate it was male so thought it was a doe. Don't worry does and these kind of deer are classified as "antlerless" so the tag works for both.

Also bagged 1 feral hog.

My brother bagged 1 doe and 2 giant feral hogs.

Lots of sausage, ground, and venison backstrap to be had all around.

Full details on the post with pics of the processed meat are here :)

I look forward to seeing more posts and seeing what everyone bags and catches :)

Great idea, WHB. I'm looking forward to what this might become. Most of my pics of the kids fishing and hunting predate cell phones, and would have to be scanned, but here are some recent pics of my success:

IMG_20211114_164016114_HDR.jpg
Last year's (2021) buck. Not my biggest, but my biggest in quite a few years.

IMG_20210905_150025591_HDR.jpg
A great day on the strip pits two summers ago. Probably my biggest crappie.

Untitled.jpg
My "rig". I fish a couple of local lakes and my father-in-laws's strip pits when I can.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky