Howdy from Portland

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lorenb420

Original poster
Aug 9, 2015
Portland, OR
Hey everybody,

My name is Loren and I live out in Portland. New to the forum and fairly new to smoking. I started with a brisket. Here are a few pictures. I don't think I hit my internal temp as it was tough doing while at work.

Hi Loren, welcome to SMF!  Glad you are here and looking to perfect your technique.  Great looking smoke ring but it definitely needed to bath in the smoke a little longer.  The fat would have rendered out better if taken to a higher internal temp.  You can pop it in the oven to finish it off or cut it up and use it in chili. 

Have fun and you'll have it nailed in no time flat. 

Ray

Howdy Neighbor!

Can you give more details on that smoke.  It looks good, but if you're not completely happy with the results, there are plenty of guys (and gals) on here that can give suggestions. 

Would be nice to know what temp your smoker was at, and what the IT was when you pulled it, how long did you let is rest...etc

Welcome to the forum, and don't be afraid to ask question here.

Thanks for the tips guys. Look forward to posting more. I did cube it and tossed it in a teriyaki mix. Tasty

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky