Howdy from KS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowboycousie

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 26, 2010
Bison KS
Cowboy Cousie here in from Ks

I have been stumbling around this site for the last couple days and there seems to be a general consensus here to help verses short inadequate answers to the ones asking the questions. I have been on other bbq forums and it is refreshing to come to a site and see where everyone is here to help and put there $.02 in not worring that someone is going to take the little tip and go and win a bbq comp.

I am from KS I have been Q'ing for 10 yrs and simply eat, breath and sleep BBQ.

I have a brinkman small smoker, modified Treager 100 and in the process of building a trailer mount RF stick burner.

I hope that I can give as much as I take from this site.

Happy Q'ing guys and gals.

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. You'll find lots of good info and some great recipes here. Your right this is a very friendly site and we are here to help each other when we can. Don't forget to post pics of your new build. Have fun and happy smoking

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Cousie to SMF. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction  

Welcome to the site Cowboy.

Kansas is a big oll place, what part are ya from if ya don't mind me asking?

Welcome to SMF Cowboy - glad to have you here with us

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. You'll find lots of good info and some great recipes here. Your right this is a very friendly site and we are here to help each other when we can. Don't forget to post pics of your new build. Have fun and happy smoking
I'll try to get some pics up today of the new build. I'll also post my version of the Stump's clone I made. I used it on fridge build. I put about 400 lbs of meat through the fridge until one day I was in the house and noticed alot and I mean ALOT of smoke coming from the garage. I went out and found that I had missed a seal on the botton=m of the door that caught fire. Meat was saved but RIP fridge. I used the stoker with the clone and it worked great.

Welcome Cowboycousie,

Enjoy your stay---You should fit right in here (simply eat, breath and sleep BBQ)!!

Bear

Welcome Cowboy. I am originally from Wichita. Been in KC about 8 years. Glad to see more from the home state on board.

You found the right place. Always get a good answer to any question I may have.

Get that qview uploaded. Love to see what others are making.

36358f1f_Smoker022.jpg

Treager 100 Modified

94b011dd_Smoker023.jpg

Inside the treg

fab076c6_Smoker026.jpg

Stump's clone

402268b1_Smoker024.jpg

Water tank off a mixer truck 120gl

2f2f818f_Smoker025.jpg

Jet ski and trailer paid $200, Jet ski junk just needed trailer for smoker

Last edited:
Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
points.gif

Well thank you for the introduction, and welcome to the SMF. It sounds like you might be sharing some of your own good tips and Q too. It's all good my friend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky