How to reply to a post.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

denny

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
I don't know if this is the correct forum for my question. I asked a similar question several days ago and was advised to switch from Chrome to Firefox, sign out of both, clear cookies, temp files, etc (which I did in Chrome; don't know how to in Firefox), and to restart, all of which I did. And it worked!! But, have tried several times since and cannot reply to a post. Specifically, there is no place available to type. Seems like a 'blank' message is made because tallbm (who was the one I was trying to get to) said "Denny, looks like your message was lost." So today I am on Firefox (because I can't even get this far in Chrome) and found that I can start a new thread--apparently! (Fingers crossed!)

It certainly is possible that I simply don't understand the procedure. I looked for a section of how-to's, FAQs, but found none. I searched forum help for new members and the closest I could come was (so far) 2 posts; one from Bearcarver on Nov 12, 2017 and the other from Smoker Jim on May 19, 2019. Both gave good instructions, involving using + quote. They did not solve my problem. I can see that they refer to replying to multiple posts, which is not precisely what I want to do, but probably should get me there. Again, no field becomes accessible for typing a reply.

I'm the first in line to admit that I may be sublimely dense, but I navigate several other fora without appreciable problems, although I sometimes have to refer to the help section (which I have been unable to locate here--- or is it just more of my density?)

Ever have a day when it seems you should not have gotten up? Kinda where I am. I need help but even with your vast, collective store of smoking knowledge, and your willingness to try, you may not be able to help much on this cyber-nut! Regardless, I appreciate any and all effort!
Denny

You have to be logged in ... Do you see the same screen as below ??

2019-08-03.png

daveomak--Yes, I see the same screen and I'm signed in, as I have been each time. But that's a very good point as so often we can slog by the most basic requirements! I didn't do anything unusual to get to this point so I have nothing to 'duplicate'. We'll see if it lasts!

But what's really interesting is the fact that I'M ACTUALLY REPLYING TO A POST!! I don't begin to understand, but I'm not quibbling, I'm going back to '
Masterbuilt mes 340g not working at all, with new parts' specifically post #25 in the MES owners forum, and get on with my project.

This PC has NEVER liked Firefox in the last 5 or 6 years (constant crashes), for whatever that's worth.

Whatever has happened, I really appreciate your taking the time to reply and thank you for your consideration.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky