how to post pix

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

erain

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 2, 2008
cental minnesota
since photobucket has altered its upload screen i dont believe there has been a step by step created on this. no pictures, just follow the instructions and guaranteed to get you posting pictures...

this is a step by step on how to post pictures from photo bucket to smf. seen a few with questions as of late so i revised my instructions to the latest and greatest that photobucket now offers. it may seem a little long and cumbersome but i made it that way to include and explain every step in the process. most of it is apparent but i know how it works, there are some who have a knack for this stuff and then theres some of us who have difficult times with it unless really shown how. there is a tutorial but i believe it is somewhat out of date.

1) upload pictures from camera to computer

2) open a free photo bucket account

3)first off on the photo bucket page, find the upload pictures and video box, kind of the center of screen.
a.click on "more options"
b.select picture size you want to upload, 800x600 is a nice size to use. or choose what you desire, dont go too big as people with smaller monitors may have to side scroll to view all
c.click on "bulk uploader"

4) your upload page will appear after a bit. note is divided into basically 3 parts.
a. in section 1, select file which has your pictures(mine is my pictures).
b. select the folder(they are arranged by date uploaded from camera)in which the pictures you want to upload are in.
c. notice now the pictures which are in that folder appear in section 2.
d. select the pictures you want to upload to photobucket by clickin on the little green plus sign on lower right of the picture tab. notice the + sign turns to a check mark and the picture tab is displayed in the number 3 section.
e. if you wish to deselect a picture, simply click on check mark on the picture tab in number 2 section, or click the "-" sign on the picture tab in the number 3 section. either way will work.
f. when all pictures have been selected, click on upload to the right of number 3 section.
g. pictures will upload, then will come up and ask if you wish to add titles and descriptions which you may or may not do.
h. click on "skip this step now" and your pictures are now sucessfully uploaded to photo bucket.

5) now to get a picture from photo pucket to smf is as simple as copy/paste the [IMG code] to your post or pm. i usually have photobuucket open on one tab and smf on the other so as i create a post i just work back and forth typing the post and adding the pictures. when done use the preview post or pm button to see what it will look like. if all ok go ahead and send. if not go back down and make adjustments as necessary.

i await your qview!!! any questions feel free to pm me.

Thanks for posting that, erain. Should save on the confusion of trying to post pics. It's actually quite easy once you've done it a time or two.

Thanks for posting this erain, been seeing a lot of questions about this lately.

I also prefer tinypic.com...just seems easier

i checked out the tiny pix site and is simple enough to use as well, isnt quite as simple as reported however theres a couple steps left out but in general the process is correct. PB allows you to do a bulk upload and saves a ton of time(have uploaded around 20 at one shot, dont know if they have a limet), TP lets you upload max of only 5 pictures, and have to rebrowse for each picture selection. highly repetitive, perhaps my instructions are worded too in depth. PB is actually easier than TP. less keystrokes to load a picture and i also pretty sure by judging on the time it took to upload one pic on TP that PB is also faster.
just my opinion. and i did actually test drive it and if would a been better i would have switched. but it is another option out there. just that it isnt any easier or better.

Great post erain!!
points.gif

Photo Bucket is very easy once you get the hang of it.

Good post Erain, points to you for taking the time to help, should be a sticky.

thks ron, theres better things to put a sticky on though. just been seeing lots a questions latley and if i can help the peeps having problems with qview i will. main reason is i was right there with them at one time, me and this computer stuff just dont go together well. but once ya know how, then you got it licked. and then we get to see the Qview!!!!! win/win situation!

You are the one that prompted me to use P B last year. Thx again.
icon_smile.gif

Thank you again erain, especially for trying out Tinypic.

I am not saying one is easier than the other, I think it really depends on what site an individual ( with limited knowledge like me ) learned on.

I learned on tinypic because of another forum and that is what is most familiar to me, I have tried photobucket and it's ok but it's not what I learned. It is just a matter of personal preference and the more I use photobucket the more I will like it I'm sure. And BTW, I just don't upload that many at a time.

I second the sticky, would make it easy for new users to find and possibly limit some questions

Nice job Erain
icon_cool.gif

I'd only add one thing though , in PB you can still click the "use old uploader " button and the old tutorials should still work.

you are correct 1894, but the new uploader is what really makes the PB expierience wothwhile. time to set up, and to complete the upload is drastically reduced. if anyone still using the old uploader give the new one a shot.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky