how to make pizza sticks?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnyd

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
New Zealand
Just saw Nepas Qview on these and did a bit of a search, are these at all like beer sticks? I see Nepas that you have used various blends form different companies, who do you rate the nicest tatse?

Do you use collagen casings? 

Does any body have a recipe for the Pizza mix? or for that matter a sausage recipe to make these?

Can someone list the ingredients of a pack of pizza mix?

Oh and finally how far does a pack of mix go ....as in how many lb's will it make

If I have to ship some out of the states its about 10 bucks a lb delivery!

johnyd, maybe I can answer a couple of these for you.

Do you use collagen casings? Yes, you can either use collagen or natural sheep casings.

Oh and finally how far does a pack of mix go ....as in how many lb's will it make? I believe most of the mixes make up to 25 lbs.

Someone else should be along soon to help with your other questions.

Just saw Nepas Qview on these and did a bit of a search, are these at all like beer sticks? I see Nepas that you have used various blends form different companies, who do you rate the nicest tatse?

Do you use collagen casings? 

Does any body have a recipe for the Pizza mix? or for that matter a sausage recipe to make these?

Can someone list the ingredients of a pack of pizza mix?

Oh and finally how far does a pack of mix go ....as in how many lb's will it make

If I have to ship some out of the states its about 10 bucks a lb delivery!
Most pre mixes are good like LEM, AC LEGG, Hi Country (not hi mountain) Cabelas, Excalibur, Con Yeager, PS Seasoning, Sausage Maker, Eldons, Mid Western and the list goes on.

I do like LEM and AC and they both have great taste.

I use collagen and natural for sticks.

You can use any basic slim jim recipe to use for pizza sticks but you will need to add dry tomato soup mix & powdered mozzarella.

Most AC mixes do 25 lbs. I have found that for 5 lbs of stick you use 6-7 Tbs of mix. Some LEM mixes are for 5 lb batches.

Nepas, have used hi country and leggs and various others was thinking about Hi mountian snacks sticks this weekend is there something you know that we should or anything out of ordianry with them??? THanks before I buy
icon_confused.gif

Nepas, have used hi country and leggs and various others was thinking about Hi mountian snacks sticks this weekend is there something you know that we should or anything out of ordianry with them??? THanks before I buy
icon_confused.gif
You might want to taste the HM when you got it mixed. im not a big fan of HM.

Are you making pizza sticks.

Nepas where can we get the powdered mozzarella and the tomato soup mix?

If using the Legg's mix how much to add or is this just for other recipes?

Nepas where can we get the powdered mozzarella and the tomato soup mix?

If using the Legg's mix how much to add or is this just for other recipes?you can use the cheese in the shaker jar
you can use the cheese in the shaker bottle, like what you put on spaghetti. Just put in a grinder and make finer. Tomato soup mix you can find the powder in the soup section, in a box. Use carefully because there are ingredients in the mix. Use 1 Tbs  tomato mix for a 5 lb batch (easier to add more than to take out) adjust to your taste. Cheese is up to you however much you like. Add 1/4 tsp of ground oregano (more to your taste)

You might want to taste the HM when you got it mixed. im not a big fan of HM.

Are you making pizza sticks.
No I was just going to buy one of their snack stick boxes I don't know what flavor im going to go with I just did a Jalapeno snack stick mix from Spokane Spice (Mitchlitch) in Spokane WA. and it was great, will do some tweeking next time.

Thanks for the input I will start with a small batch first and see what I need to tweek.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky