How to decrease temp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Trying to run a stick burner at 225°F is usually an exercise in frustration. There is nothing magic about cooking at 225° except it takes longer. Let it run at 250-300° and be happy.
YES TOTALLY AGREE. I HAVE A SHIRLEY 24X36 AND MY COOKING RANGE IS EXACTLY AS STATED BY BY 1MOREFORD. WHEN COOKING ON A STICK BURNER THERE ARE A MULTITUDE OF VARIABLES THAT EFFECT FIRE TEMPERATURE.

Reactions: JustinLoos
Some folks can run their RF smokers at 80 F and smoke cheese....

Learn to ride the temperature differences. Your bbq will be fine.

I have the same smoker. It runs happily between 250-275 as a general range. Which means I end up cooking between ~ 250 to 300 (not as a consistent temp - my cooks go through the range of 250-300)

It’s a lot of work (and challenging) to hold a consistent temp on a small stick burner.

Always adjust the size of the fire. I'll even toss in some lump charcoal to maintain the coal bed when needed. A small fan blowing toward the intake vent keeps the fire hot, especially since small fires may not generate enough draft in a large cooker. You'll just need to add fuel more frequently.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky