How to cook tender and delicious beef?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scorpio201

Original poster
Jan 19, 2020
Can someone help me how to cook tender and tasty beef? :emoji_disappointed: I feel the beef, after I cook it gets chewy and not tender.
The beef flavor is also not good, can anyone help me with the secret?
Thank you so much!

Welcome to SMF from Gilbert, AZ! If you are cooking sous vide, what kind of beef and for how long are you bathing it in the sous vide pot? A ribeye steak can take and hour, a sirloin or eye of round roast can take a day or more. RAY

Since my first try cooking beef stakes using Sous Vide circulator I just fell in love with this SV techincs: my stakes always tender, juicy and tasty. 1.5 - 2.0 inch stakes I cook for three hours at 131F to achieve medium rare result. Beef roasts (different kind) takes 24-26 hours. Works for me.... I buy meat in my local supermarkets and cooked stakes fairly tasty. I am sure if you buy your meat from Natural Food store for like $25 a pound (grass fed, no antibiotics, etc.) it would taste much better....

Can someone help me how to cook tender and tasty beef? :emoji_disappointed: I feel the beef, after I cook it gets chewy and not tender.
The beef flavor is also not good, can anyone help me with the secret?
Thank you so much!

It would probably help if you give us a couple examples of what and how you cooked in the sous vide. Also whether or not you are using some method to sear after removing from the sous vide.

If done right, the SV will get any piece of meat fork tender!
Let us know what you are SV'ing & the times & temps you are using.
Al

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky